May 2011 Moms

We could have a crisis situation....

Ok, so that's a little dramatic BUT... My husband and I confirmed our baby names a couple of weeks ago and at Christmas shared them with my older sister and her family. She had done "sneak peek" ultrasound on me and said that she thinks that it a girl and what would be name it. I told her "Abigail Reese" will be the girls name. Well, I have a younger sister (yes there are six of us) that is pregnant and due a week before me, she will find out what she is having on Tuesday the 4th and I will find out on Wednesday the 5th and she posted today on Facebook that if she has a girl it will be Abigail Elizabeth! ! ! I almost choked on my water! I texted her and said well I hope we don't both have girls because we will have two Abigails! She said that she got the name from our five year old neice... My older sisters daughter, who called her and said she should name her baby Abigail! WTH!

I now know not to share anything with my niece because she is not a good keeper of secrets! lol. But, I won't put it past my little sister to go ahead and name her baby Abigail if it's a girl.... Oh, well.

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: We could have a crisis situation....

• Well it sounds like she took it in stride. Maybe when she realizes that your niece only said that because you chose that name she will pick something else. But really you could both name your daughter's Abigail. Its a great name. Don't let this change your mind. Hopefully one of you has a boy though.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • You're older so you should get first dibs ;)

DS 6.12.11

Hypermenorrhea, Anovulatory & Hypothyroid

TTC#2

My Lack of Ovulation Chart
  • Loading the player...
  • I say you do rock, scissors, paper to figure it out. Jk!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Well maybe one of us will have a boy but if not, I guess we will have two Abigails! I'm not backing off on this one because it took me and hubby forever to agree on a name!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • That really does suck. Darn little niece!!

If it is really important to you...I would suggest that you speak with your sister about it...especially since you loved the name first and she only fell in love with it after hearing it suggested to her (you were attached first afterall).

On the other hand...if you are really attached, and so is she...you could either have someone do it as a middle name or have them both have the same name lol...yes I realize this sounds crazy. A friend of mine just had this happen (her sister loved her nephews name so much she named her son the same name) and the craziest part is that these kids will see each other EVERY day since they are both watched by the grandmother. The difference for them is that my friend's son is called by his nickname, not by his name, and both sisters were completely fine with it...so different situation...but still a way to handle it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"