Stay at Home Moms
Options

Mother Nature's plans=big fail.

For us at least :)  We were suppose to get hammered with rain/sleet, and 2-5 inches of snow on top of that.  So we *all* planned to stay home.  Here it is, 4:30pm, I just got done babysitting my nephews (10 and 4) and my niece (7 months), and we got some little snow pellets.  After today I sooo need a night out...without kids, lol.  But at-home plans are made and sitters would be impossible at this point anyway.

My sister and her family are coming over and maybe our brother too, we're going to do snacks all night (instead of a set meal), probably some games and watch the NYE coverage and the ball drop (while wearing goofy hats the whole time).  Plus, with the snow staying north of us, DH gets to be home too!  I'm a little bummed we're not going out (it's been so long....) but it is what it is.  Plus, no cab fare, I get to stay where it's warm and I get to sleep in my own bed without having to retrieve my car the next day:)

Hope every has a great night tonight, no matter what you have planned! Party!!!

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Mother Nature's plans=big fail.

• Options
    Yes, think of the positive!  Wink
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options

I'm sorry. Definitely think of the positives like pp said!

It's actually fairly warm here, 74 degrees at the moment. I just turned on the air conditioner. I'm comfortable but my poor dog was starting pant so I thought she'd appreciate it. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMrsBalletStar05:
    Yes, think of the positive!  Wink

Lol, so true!  NYE is usually the one night a year we make it a point to get our and do something:)  My mom and dad have an at-home tradition so they usually take the kids.  This year partying in my warm house in my pjs sounds pretty darn good instead of falling on my a** on the ice that is still outside, lol. Plus I finally get to try out my Ready Set Go to whip up some snacks:)

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Usually we always stay in and I make my special NYE meal, but we skipped it this year because it's expensive and not necessary.  And now both the boys are taking laaaaate naps. Gah!

My positive look?  For one - we had dinner, period.  For two - this means I got to do my end of the day, pick up all the toys and clean up earlier than I usually get to.  For three - we can all ring in the new year together as a family because we are all gonna be awake at midnight! LOL

Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • Options

Sounds like you will still have fun! We are just hanging out at home, listening to blizzard #2 in the background... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"