Pregnant after a Loss

:::Sneaker from TTCAL::: Poll

Just pondering, TIA! And Congrats on all your pregnancies I hope to be joining you soon![Poll]
12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~

Re: :::Sneaker from TTCAL::: Poll

• Could you be a little more specific? Technically it was our first cycle trying, but it was 2 cycles after each m/c...
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • I voted for 3 cycles but we had to TTA for the first 2.  We were very fortunate and got pregnant our first TTC cycle.
  • Loading the player...
  • I need a special snowflake because I did not cycle regularly after my loss. Here is what happened: Told to wait 2 cycle before TTCAL. 5 weeks post loss I had 5 days of bright red spotting, doc said I could count this as AF #1 even though I did not have a real flow. 5 weeks post that still no real AF and charting showed I wasn't ovulating. Doc gave me script for Provera which worked and we were cleared to start TTCAL. 40 days later I still hadn't ovulated and planed to call the doc first thing Monday morning to discuss my not ovulating, well that weekend on CD 42 my body decided to ovulate, total shock to me! Turns out our BD timing was good thanks to my increased sex drive post loss, and well here I am! So I guess I could be labeled a FH as our first shot worked, however, my body 4.5 months post loss was all screwy and we got lucky.
    6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • imagevflipo:
    Could you be a little more specific? Technically it was our first cycle trying, but it was 2 cycles after each m/c...

Sorry, I meant after you were given the green light by MD.

12/13/10 BFP 12/23/10 Miscarriage 3/6/11 BFP EDD 11/09/11 11/03/11 C-Section at 39w1d for failure to progress on induction for HBP and GD Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Cincinnati Reds Pictures, Images and Photos image ~~~~~Everyone Welcome PgAL/PAL~~~~~~
  • I got pregnant my first cycle. Not really planned but my dr. said it was fine. Each dr. is different. My friend's had her wait 3 months.
  • I got pregnant with my first cycle. I didn't even know that I'd be having a cycle that soon. Here's hoping you'll be joining us soon!! :)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Michael, Feb 28, 2004. m/c August 2004. Christian, born at 32 wks, June 13, 2005. Benjamin, December 10, 2006. m/c June 2010. BFP July 10. EDD - 5/3/11.
  • I got my BFP after 4 cycles, but it was our first cycle trying after our loss. We actually weren't sure when we'd be ready to try again, so we TTA until we were sure we were emotionally ready to go there. We used the CBEFM when we were ready (after four cycles) and got pregnant again that first cycle. Good luck to you, hope to see you over here soon!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I waited for AF after my m/c, then started TTC after the first AF.  From there, it took 4 cycles.  It has only been 4 months since my m/c and D&C, because I have extremely short cycles.  So, I m/c'd on August 29, had D&C Sept 2,spent the month of September waiting for AF, then had 2 cycles in October, 1 cycle in November, and 1 cycle in December.  I started TTCing back in December of 2009.....so 4 since the m/c, but, oh, about 13 cycles since I started trying, with 1 CP and 1 m/c in between.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • m/c 8/16, had one AF like doctor suggested, pregnant the first cycle trying. Frickin miracle if you ask me...my cycles were all out of whack for the last 12+ months so he gave me prometrium to hopefully bring my O date from CD25-26 closer to CD14-17 and hopefully shorten my cycles. I ended up O'ing on CD17-18 which is when we conceived, so the meds must have done something, I just didn't think it would work that fast...
    BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • You forgot 5. It took us 5 cycles.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD #1 born 9/07 ** DD #2 born 7/11 ** Operation Take Back My Body has begun 10/11
    Upcoming Races
    Gobble Wobble 5K 11/24/11 - Abington, PA 29:40
    Superbowl 10K 02/05/12 - Allentown, PA 54:28 PR!!!!
    Broad Street 10 Mile Run 05/06/12 - Philadelphia, PA 1:30:44
    Rock and Roll Half Marathon 09/16/12 - Philadelphia, PA
    Philadelphia (Half?!?) Marathon 11/18/12 - Philadelphia, PA
  • We waited a couple cycles, but then once we FWP it happened right away.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The first time? 6 months

The second time? 1 month

However, I'm an IUIer, so I wouldn't say these are average.

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"