Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Just finished reading The Hunger Games

I know a lot of you were considering reading this book.  I actually liked it a lot.  It is a really easy and short read since it's young adult fiction.  However, I think the author makes up for that by making it an emotionally challenging read. 

**Don't read this book if you can't handle violence among children/adolescents.**

Bottom line - I liked it enough to immediately download the next one on my Nook, and I'm about a third of the way through it.

Re: Just finished reading The Hunger Games

• Options
    It's amazing!!  I read the first one, then had to run to Target to get the next 2.  I finished all 3 of the series in about 2 1/2 days.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm glad you liked it! I read them on my kindle and kept downloading and going straight into the next one.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with you both.  These books are super addicting.
  • Options
    DH got it for me for Christmas and I was like WTF is this? (because he gets me weird books sometimes) but I had to admit to him today that I'm only 20 pages in and wish I could sit and read the whole thing.  I'll probably bring it to work tomorrow for this purpose.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    My students love these books. I haven't read them yet, but I hear they are awesome.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Its next on my kindle to be read.
    Books to read in 2015: 9/60
  • Options
    oooh off to download it!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    You are all lucky you are reading them at a time you didn't have to wait 6 months to get the next one, and when I started they weren't available on Kindle yet! I've re-read them all though, and have them in my class for my students. Curious if they make a movie if it will be good, or if they will steer clear because of all the violence, can't really cut it out can they?
  • Options
    imagepoolrat00:
    You are all lucky you are reading them at a time you didn't have to wait 6 months to get the next one, and when I started they weren't available on Kindle yet! I've re-read them all though, and have them in my class for my students. Curious if they make a movie if it will be good, or if they will steer clear because of all the violence, can't really cut it out can they?
    I can't imagine them making a movie... it seems far too depressing. Haha.
  • Options

imageDrinknDerive:
    imagepoolrat00:

I would not be excited about a movie. I don't see how they could make it PG-13, which I think would be necessary for a young adult book.   

• Options
    imagekate930:

imageDrinknDerive:
    imagepoolrat00:

I would not be excited about a movie. I don't see how they could make it PG-13, which I think would be necessary for a young adult book.   

ITA. I'm not even sure what age I consider appropriate to read the books.
  • Options
    imageDrinknDerive:
    imagekate930:

imageDrinknDerive:
    imagepoolrat00:

ITA. I'm not even sure what age I consider appropriate to read the books.

Good point. I didn't really know what they were about before I read them, and it shocked me. 

• Options
    They are making movies, it's on imdb.com as going to happen... Or something. I was wondering how they were going to make it geared towards young adults like the book, but without the violence. But man, I could have so much fun designing those costumes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"