Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Got my babymaker shut down.

For the next 5 years at least. Had my mirena put in this week and it was surprisingly painless. Pretty sure we are done at 2 kids but you never know, I didn't want to do anything permanent just yet. 

Anyway, highly recommend it!

Re: Got my babymaker shut down.

• Great to hear! I'm asking about the IUD at my 4 week checkup- we aren't sure we're done yet either. DH will get the snip when we decide, but I don't want to close the shop just yet!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I went on the BC pill this time around, I had the mirena after my first and I had issues with it otherwise I would have done it again. Although we are still on the fence of when or if to have another one.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageTricia879:
    I went on the BC pill this time around, I had the mirena after my first and I had issues with it otherwise I would have done it again. Although we are still on the fence of when or if to have another one.

Oh no, what issues did you have? 

I literally researched every possible BC and mirena came out the winner. I'd be cool with not having a period too which is possible with it. 

• Glad to hear that it was relatively painless!  My Paragard is on order.  I should be shut down in a week.  :)
  • I like mine now, but mine was NOT painless.  The first one didn't get set correctly so I had to have that one taken out and a second put in...all in the same visit.  I didn't cramp for long, so I was thankful for that after being violated 4 times in a period of an hour (had two transvaginal u/s to check placment).  I like not having to worry about it.

Are you spotting?  I have been and think AF has finally hit!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Love my Mirena too!!!  It did hurt going in, but really no cramps after and very little bleeding.  I love not having to remember to take a pill :).  I just get to live my life.  We will be trying for a baby before 5 years, but I will have it for at least 2-3 yrs.  and it was covered by insurance :) Perfect! No remembering pills and no monthly payment for the pills :). LOVE IT!  No problems yet and it has been almost a month. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"