December 2010 Moms

Question about breast milk storage

For now, I'm nursing DS on both sides then offering a small bottle of pumped milk at every feeding. I thawed and warmed 2oz before starting this feeding and of course this is the feeding where he's content after nursing! How long can I hold on to this 2oz bottle? Van I put it back in the fridge until the next feeding?? If I have to dump it, I just may cry!  :)

Re: Question about breast milk storage

• Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Based off my Medela info packet, you have to use thawed milk within 24 hours.

• Loading the player...
  • Pumped milk is like liquid gold isn't it?  I never would have imagined how valuable it is.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You'll probably see info about this at the kellymom site listed but if you can you should try to hold off freezing and just refrigerate anything you can use within  5-8 days since the freezing can kill all of the antibodies (still benefits over formula though).  Better yet, freshly pumped milk can stay out up to 10 hours (check this on kellymom!) and is even better than the fridge.  If I know LO will use the bottle at the next feeding, I just leave the pumped milk sitting out (only about 3 hours).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"