Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

trying to be positive for a new year (long)

I feel so irritable these days! I'm somewhat new to this and I guess I thought I'd conceive first try. Maybe that's because my mom had me when she was 20, my younger sister has 3 kids and I'm practically the only female in my family with no kids and I'm 30. One of my friends had the great idea that we'd be pg together and go through all the symptoms, fun and nausea together and she got ku first. :(    So now the idea just sucks to me.  I've had a lot of stress over the past month or two and my cycles have been changing slightly. (29 days, 28 and the last was 27)  DH has low testosterone and is now taking hcg shots 2x a month and I don't even know if I'm o'ing or not.... All I want to do is lay in bed and cry all day and I've never  been depressed like this. I know I'm quite whiney but it helps! :)

I also have had cramps every single day since AF. That has never happened before. I can't tell if they are menstrual cramps, mid cycle cramps or something entirely different since I've had a decreased appetites and strange bm (TMI, I know) I've been off the pill since Feb but only actively trying for 3 cycles (2 charting). So anyway, just wanted to moan and groan a little. And I actually do feel better! I just don't want to start a new year feeling all sad and hopeless. I have an ob/gyn appt on the 5th to check on why I'm cramping so much. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm sure if I google it it'll tell me everything it COULD be.

GL to everyone and Happy New Year! Sorry this is so long!  

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0
Surprise BFP! Beta#1:37 Beta#2: 97

TTC 1.0
IUI #1=BFN
IUI #2=BFP! Beta#1:87 Beta #2:1050
~It's a GIRL!~
Lily born 10/30/12

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."

Re: trying to be positive for a new year (long)

• Options
    I say pick yourself up, and go out and enjoy the start of the new year.  We have all had our down moments while TTC, but you can't let it get the best of you.  Also, the worst thing you can do is get down because you are not KU and other people around you are. PS, this is a flameable post, so be ready!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

1.  The fertility of the women in your family have zero impact on your fertility.  Your friend's ability to get pregnant has zero impact on your fertility.

2.  Your period changing 1-2 days is nothing--it is perfectly normal.

3.  Cramps at various points in your cycle can, again, be normal.  A lot of women cramp during their period.  A lot of women cramp/get twinges when they get close to ovulation.  A lot of women cramp towards the end of their cycle.

3.  I suggest reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility as well as the link at the top of the page.

4.  Give yourself a small amount of time to be sad and then pick yourself up and greet the new year with a smile.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks! I'm being very impatient and emotional, I know. And I'm ready for whatever anyone has to say. These boards are supposedly here for ladies to feel better about what's going on in their daily ttc lives and  I do feel a little better! :)
    BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

"Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength."
  • Options
    imageKdgTeacher:

1.  The fertility of the women in your family have zero impact on your fertility.  Your friend's ability to get pregnant has zero impact on your fertility.

3.  Cramps at various points in your cycle can, again, be normal.  A lot of women cramp during their period.  A lot of women cramp/get twinges when they get close to ovulation.  A lot of women cramp towards the end of their cycle.

3.  I suggest reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility as well as the link at the top of the page.

4.  Give yourself a small amount of time to be sad and then pick yourself up and greet the new year with a smile.

This is such good advice. I remember someone told me once to let frustration/depression feel like a train-feel it as it passes, but just let it keep going. Don't get stuck in it. My doctor speculates that the stress of my mother's illness has played a role in my cycle being so wonky. So try not to get hung up on it. 

"Even miracles take a little time"

• Options

imagelynn0926:
    I say pick yourself up, and go out and enjoy the start of the new year.  We have all had our down moments while TTC, but you can't let it get the best of you.  Also, the worst thing you can do is get down because you are not KU and other people around you are. PS, this is a flameable post, so be ready!

This

• Options
    imageKdgTeacher:

1. I wasn't diagnosing myself with a fertility problem just an emotional problem.

3. Is cramps every day normal?  It's not constant just for a few moments daily. 

3. I have this book and am almost finished. It has been extremely helpful!

Thanks for the suggestions! I appreciate it! Happy New year! 

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

• Options
    imageWish Upon A Star:
    imageKdgTeacher:

This is such good advice. I remember someone told me once to let frustration/depression feel like a train-feel it as it passes, but just let it keep going. Don't get stuck in it. My doctor speculates that the stress of my mother's illness has played a role in my cycle being so wonky. So try not to get hung up on it. 

Thanks! There is a lot of outside stress in my life and I also travel a lot which TCOYF says can cause cycle changes. Thank you and GL! 

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

• Options
    imageSParkman80:

I feel so irritable these days! I'm somewhat new to this and I guess I thought I'd conceive first try. Maybe that's because my mom had me when she was 20, my younger sister has 3 kids and I'm practically the only female in my family with no kids and I'm 30. 

Same boat. As I posted earlier, every woman in my family has gotten pregnant on accident (except my sister, but she got KU instantly) and all had their first babies in their very early 20s. When my sister had her first baby at the age of 21 this year I just about lost it (she is 7 years younger than me). It's something I struggled with because I expected the same quick results and I know the bottom line is you can't compare your progress to anyone else's because everyone's bodies/circumstances are different. And as DH reminds me all the time, stressing out about it will probably make the situation worse. Easier said than done, I know. Hang in there!

• Options
    imagejennilandia:
    imageSParkman80:

I feel so irritable these days! I'm somewhat new to this and I guess I thought I'd conceive first try. Maybe that's because my mom had me when she was 20, my younger sister has 3 kids and I'm practically the only female in my family with no kids and I'm 30. 

Same boat. As I posted earlier, every woman in my family has gotten pregnant on accident (except my sister, but she got KU instantly) and all had their first babies in their very early 20s. When my sister had her first baby at the age of 21 this year I just about lost it (she is 7 years younger than me). It's something I struggled with because I expected the same quick results and I know the bottom line is you can't compare your progress to anyone else's because everyone's bodies/circumstances are different. And as DH reminds me all the time, stressing out about it will probably make the situation worse. Easier said than done, I know. Hang in there!

Yes, even though their (families) fertility has no impact on our fertility, it doesn't make it any easier to deal with. All three of my sisters kids were accidents AND she was on BCP... Now that's just annoying! And your DH is definitely right about the stress factor! Thanks for posting and GL to you and Happy new year!  

BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

• Options
    Ugh..I hear you. I know I am only on cycle 5 and that is still well within the "normal" range, but I too go through this every month. My expectations just didn't meet reality. I figured since my aunt got pg "accidentally" at 43! That I would have it happen instantly! Since month 1, I have become a lot more realistic but it doesn't take away from the depressed feeling every time it doesn't happen. Hang in there!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Lilypie - (hfj2)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the positive posts ladies! I really do feel so much better! I may have rubbed someone the wrong way with my whiney post, but it was SO worth it! hahaha! I promise to be stronger and get over it quicker in the future (hopefully I'll have a BFP soon and won't have to worry about that!)  Happy New Year and GL to all! 
    BabyFruit Ticker

TTC 2.0

TTC 1.0
    IUI #1=BFN
    ~It's a GIRL!~
    Lily born 10/30/12

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"