June 2011 Moms

ridiculous hormonal vent!

MH is at Home Depot right now, and I've been asking him to install some shelving in our laundry room.  When we moved in, there was a huge ugly wooden microwave cart which has been our only shelving.  We have been talking about replacing it with white wire shelving, like you'd find in custom closets.  We also bought an automatic litter box, which we are going to put under the shelves.

He just called me from Home Depot and asked if I would be okay with a freestanding shelf unit instead of the wall-mounted ones.  I said, "as long as it isn't ugly and big, and as long as we can fit the litter box under it."  He said it would be fine.  Then he goes, "Is it okay if it's black?"  Me:  "Uhhh...wtf?  I don't want anything that is going to stand out and be an eye-sore.  What's wrong with the wire shelves?"  MH: "Well, what about chrome?"  Me: Tongue Tied  

Cue my cat, who had been meowing at me for 20 minutes b/c he only chose to eat 2 bites of his wet food this morning and now wants me to give him dry food.  So I start yelling at the cat and pushing him out of the room with my foot while trying to explain to MH why black or chrome would NOT look good in the laundry room across from our white washer and dryer with white walls and white linoleum floor. 

Finally I said, "I don't care.  Either buy it or don't.  I can't think about this right now."  Then I hung up and cried.  Lol, it sounds crazy now, but it was a big deal at the time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: ridiculous hormonal vent!

• Yup, I've had many of those! My last one was over Christmas lights. Our poor DH's!
  • He just got back from Home Depot with white wall-mount wire shelving.  :)  I know he ended up spending a lot more on it than one of the freestanding units he was looking at.  He's so sweet. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Way to come through hubby!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Good job hubs.

I decided today that I NEEDED a haircut so I drove to the mall and no one could fit me in today. I almost cried the whole way home. Stupid hormones! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"