Eco-Friendly Family
Options

So for those of us trying to keep track of our money

How did you do this year? What did you do your proud of? What do you want to do better on next year?

Re: So for those of us trying to keep track of our money

• Options
    For the whole year we spent about 1500 more than was brought in total. That does include getting a new to us car that needed some major repairs a few weeks after we bough it. The car though now has cut our fuel bill in half every month and even with a few minor things to still do to both cars our repair budget has been cut in half too which is Major.

I got our food bill down 200ish over the last couple of months and plan on continuing to try and reduce that. Getting back to gardening season should help a lot.

My goals are to reduce of food bill by another 200+, walk ds to school more saving us more on our fuel bill, not Need the drs as much so less spent there, and make the most of the Eff challenges to try and save us money over all.

• Options

I really let DH take the reigns completely this year.  He didn't do badly, really, but I'm disappointed in myself for really having no idea what is going on in that department.  We need to spend less on groceries, somehow.  we had some expenses near the end of the year that got hard - mostly very good purchases (a fair amount of insulation and good, reusable plastic for the pane glass windows in back for the sunroom which was losing a LOT of heat the previous years) and insurance which will save us quite a bit in the long run, but had us put out  alot of cash at once.  Those did get us to get into savings a tad, unfortunately, but all things considered, we didn't do too badly. 

My biggest issue is that I really need to wake up and be more of a partner in the actual tracking of things.  bad, bad papagena....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagepapagena:

I really let DH take the reigns completely this year.  He didn't do badly, really, but I'm disappointed in myself for really having no idea what is going on in that department.  We need to spend less on groceries, somehow.  we had some expenses near the end of the year that got hard - mostly very good purchases (a fair amount of insulation and good, reusable plastic for the pane glass windows in back for the sunroom which was losing a LOT of heat the previous years) and insurance which will save us quite a bit in the long run, but had us put out  alot of cash at once.  Those did get us to get into savings a tad, unfortunately, but all things considered, we didn't do too badly. 

My biggest issue is that I really need to wake up and be more of a partner in the actual tracking of things.  bad, bad papagena....

I keep track of everything in Microsoft money. DH job is to make sure I get all the receipts from him and quote me prices for things he wants to buy now and in the near future. That way I can keep track of everything and budget for the stuff we agree upon needing.
  • Options

Well, I did a terrible job with the budgeting (lack of interest sometimes) but in the end we didn't spend more than we brought in so I guess that's a plus.

In 2011, I'm creating an annual budget, then breaking it down further after that.  We have certain things we want to do this year that need to be included in the budget from the get go (like vacations).

Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"