Pregnant after a Loss

Question about orgasms

is it ok to orgasm while you're pg?

when my friend did IVF her dr. told her she could have sex, but she should avoid orgasms.

so now im afraid to have sex. but i really want to be intimate w/ DH.

Married 5/15/10. Me (29). DH (33). BFP#1 7/25/10 - Missed m/c 8wks - D&E 8/25/10 BFP#2 12/25/10 - Missed m/c 7wks - D&E 1/20/11 (second loss due to abnormal chromosome 7) Genetics testings- Normal. RPL panel results- Normal. Elevated FSH (14). DH b/w normal. SA- Normal. HSG- Left tube possibly blocked. Minor septum removed. My Ovulation Chart ~~ Hope is the companion of power, and mother of success. For who so strongly hopes has within him the gift of miracles ~~ image

Re: Question about orgasms

• I've never heard it's not ok unless your doctor has you on pelvic rest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Sex but no orgasms?  That's like chewing food but not being allowed to swallow.

As long as your healthy and doctor hasn't given you any restrictions go for it!

• Loading the player...
  • imageSgt M's Wife:

Sex but no orgasms?  That's like chewing food but not being allowed to swallow.

As long as your healthy and doctor hasn't given you any restrictions go for it!

What a great analogy! I've never heard of that either...only if you're on pelvic rest. 

• It worries me because I've heard some drs. tell their patients the no orgasm thing, and sometimes I have them in my sleep!

The "no orgasm" thing isn't something the dr tells everybody, but I'm too scared of everything right now! 

• Never heard of that. Normally if they restrict orgasms they also restrict sex altogether. If you feel too unsure about it though you could always call a nurse line and see.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Michael, Feb 28, 2004. m/c August 2004. Christian, born at 32 wks, June 13, 2005. Benjamin, December 10, 2006. m/c June 2010. BFP July 10. EDD - 5/3/11.
  • imagectrickey03:

Never heard of that. Normally if they restrict orgasms they also restrict sex altogether. If you feel too unsure about it though you could always call a nurse line and see.

This is what I've heard, too.  

I'm unfortunately on pelvic rest right now.  Poor, poor DH.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"