Babies: 0 - 3 Months

BF Moms....Are you drinking tonight?

Am I the only one who would like a glass of wine? I BF, and I have pumped bottles for tonight. I have the strips, and I really hope they work!

This will be my first drink since March! Has anybody had a drink since their delivery?

Just wanted to know if I am by myself!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF THE MOMMIES!!!

Re: BF Moms....Are you drinking tonight?

• no. we *might* have some champagne in the fridge, if we do then i'll have a glass. they say if you are ok to drive then you are ok to nurse/pump. but what if i havent had a drink since February?? a glass of champagne just might knock me on my butt then. lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Um yes. I got myself a 6 pack of blue moon and I might drink all of them. :-P
  • Loading the player...
  • GOOD! I don't feel so bad now! I have some wine that has been staring at me!
  • I'm wanting some wine too...but I'm so afraid of how DS will react to it once I feed again!! I had my first caffinated drink the other day, not thinking it was a big deal and he was up and fussy for 6 hrs straight that night(which is VERY unlike him)!! could have been a coincidence...but it was enough to keep me away from caffeine!! lol  I'm worried he will react the same way to a glass or 2 of wine!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'll probably have a beer after his next feeding- 9:30 or so. I've had one other beer since having him.

There's no need to pump and dump if you just have a glass or 2! Go on and imbibe, ladies!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I've had a half of glass at Christmas, but I won't be drinking tonight as I have to drive Kamikaze and I home.
  • sure am!  i have bottles pumped and everything. my parents are watching the baby too so i know she will be in good hands. i think momma deserves a night out!
    Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Yes!! And I think its well deserved...
  • Yes, I'm just finishing up my glass of bubbly. I've got over 2 hours before I feed her again, so I'm golden.
    BFP #1 9/23/09. Missed MC 10w3d D&C 11/3/09.

BFP #2 4/13/10. Bridget born 12/28/10

BFP #3 Finn born 8/11/15

[url=http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tt1cb8c4.aspx[/img][/url]

• imageKellina:

I'll probably have a beer after his next feeding- 9:30 or so. I've had one other beer since having him.

There's no need to pump and dump if you just have a glass or 2! Go on and imbibe, ladies!

This. My pediatrician, OB, and LC all same the same thing. Don't throw away good milk for a drink or two!

• image****AWS****:
    Um yes. I got myself a 6 pack of blue moon and I might drink all of them. :-P

mmmmm those sound good! I'm actually excited to drink a little tonight! I EBF but got some reserves to tie LO over! 

• imagekatieloretta:

no. we *might* have some champagne in the fridge, if we do then i'll have a glass. they say if you are ok to drive then you are ok to nurse/pump. but what if i havent had a drink since February?? a glass of champagne just might knock me on my butt then. lol.

I asked my midwife about this and she just about flipped out on me, saying that I couldn't drink at all if I was BFing - but that's another story.

I'm currently on my 2nd beer.  I pumped before my 1st one and will pump either during the middle of the night feed or 1st thing tomorrow morning.  I think I deserve it :)

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageWater_Wedding:
    imageKellina:

I'll probably have a beer after his next feeding- 9:30 or so. I've had one other beer since having him.

This. My pediatrician, OB, and LC all same the same thing. Don't throw away good milk for a drink or two!

For realz ladies... just pace yourselves! Alcohol leaves breastmilk at the same rate it leaves your body... so 1 drink an hour and you'll be fine. Drink up! 

• I'm not drinking tonight, but have had a glass of wine several times.  Only one or two max.  I also have a cup of coffee in the morning and sometimes a soda in the afternoon.  LO seems fine with it...no late nights or fussiness.  Sometimes I feel guilty, but I have read that one glass of wine or a limited amount of caffine is ok.  I love my son and want the best for him, but also want to live my life if it does not affect him negatively, which it does not seem to.  I hope I am not the only one.  I do intend to BF for a year.  If it is not good for him, I could definitely sacrifice.  It is not a big deal.
  • Just had my first glass of wine! I only drank 1/2 and I was acting silly!!!

CHEERS!

• I'm very much enjoying a glass of shiraz right now. J just went down.

I take all my advice from Dr. Jack Newman, my LC told me it was the only website I'm allowed to read...lol.

From his "Myths of Breastfeeding":
    5. A mother should not drink alcohol while breastfeeding. Not true! Reasonable alcohol intake should not be discouraged at all. As is the case with most drugs, very little alcohol comes out in the milk. The mother can take some alcohol and continue breastfeeding as she normally does. Prohibiting alcohol is another way we make life unnecessarily restrictive for breastfeeding mothers.

This is a link to his "Breastfeeding Help" page:
    https://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=5&Itemid=17

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • LO usually sleeps for six or seven hours when she goes down for the night so I plan on getting all my drinking done in the hour or two after she's sleeping. All my drinking meaning a glass or two of wine.
    Med-free birth, EBF, Co-Sleeping, Babywearer
  • imageNew_MrsP:

I'm very much enjoying a glass of shiraz right now. J just went down.

I take all my advice from Dr. Jack Newman, my LC told me it was the only website I'm allowed to read...lol.

From his "Myths of Breastfeeding":
    5. A mother should not drink alcohol while breastfeeding. Not true! Reasonable alcohol intake should not be discouraged at all. As is the case with most drugs, very little alcohol comes out in the milk. The mother can take some alcohol and continue breastfeeding as she normally does. Prohibiting alcohol is another way we make life unnecessarily restrictive for breastfeeding mothers.

This is a link to his "Breastfeeding Help" page:
    https://www.nbci.ca/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=5&Itemid=17

Thanks for posting this!! CHEERS!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"