Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Confused

Hi Girls!   Once again I find myself stumped - hoping one of you could give me some insight.  I am having a hard time figuring out my cycle.   To give you some history ... I had a natural miscarriage on Oct. 31st, in which bleeding and spotting lasted a few weeks.  My last HCG level was 19 and that was about 3 weeks ago.   2 weeks ago I experienced bleeding again, not sure if this was my period??   I am not sure how long it takes for the HCG hormone to finally get down to 0.  

Thank you for any help/advice you could give me.  I am just looking forward to being healthy again, body and mind.  

Re: Confused

• I'm by no means an expert. I'm new here myself.  I thought the hcg had to be down to near zero before your body even recognized that it had to start another cycle. Like it had to be super low, then you could have your period after a month or a little more.  Not really sure, but that's what I thought I understood.  I'd be surprised if that was your period just a week after your hcg was 19.  The ladies here are helpful and give you their best take. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm pretty sure the HCG has to be at/near 0 for cycles to start again, so the reading of 19 three weeks ago would indicate that your body wasn't getting you set up for the first cycle post m/c yet.  I think the amount of time it takes to get to 0 varies.  Based on the length of my first cycle (29 days), mine got down pretty much immediately.  I've seen others post on here about being about as far out as you are with nothing.

If I did the math right, you're ~10+ weeks post m/c and haven't had a definitive period.  I'd call my doctor in that position.  There is a chance that the bleeding 2 or 3 weeks ago was your period (Was it similar in length or heaviness?), hopefully the doctor can tell you for sure. 

Take care!

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• Loading the player...
  • I am sorry for your loss. Everyone is different, but this is my experience:

I had a natural m/c, about 4 days into it (bleeding/passing tissue) I passed the sac. I continued to bleed for another week and a half. 5 weeks exactly after I passed the sac AF arrived (I had no bleedig in between).

I agree with PP, if it has been 10+ weeks since the m/c, I would call the doctor. Also, was the bleeding a few weeks ago AF like or just random spotting/bleeding for a day or 2? I hope your body gets back on track soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you for sharing your experiences!   The last round of bleeding was period like ... it lasted for 7 days.  I do hope things get back to normal soon, then I am closer to TTC again.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"