Eco-Friendly Family
Options

Non-plastic sippy / straw cup rec's please...

For part of my NY resolution I want to have a plastic free kitchen (well, as much as possible). Does anyone have rec's for non-plastic sippys or straw cups? Er, well, I know the straw part will be plastic but the container itself I'd like to be something else. Right now we have all BPA free plastic ones but I'd like to pass those onto a friend who is about to introduce sippys and get something different.

ETA: The catch is that they can't be breakable. If we got a straw cup I think we could do a glass one (because he can hold it on the floor and drink from it rather than tilting it up).

Re: Non-plastic sippy / straw cup rec's please...

• Options

green sprouts makes a stainless water bottle, we have one. Bruce never liked it because it was cold against his hands, though. 

You can get stainless steel straws as well, though I don't know if they come in small sizes or not. Ours are full size. 

• Options
    The only one I can find is an actual water bottle. Ds can't drink out of those yet. Ok. Now that I say that I realize I haven't actually tried one. Hmmm... I think I know something I can try at lunch time!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I love using Klean Kanteens (the small ones) with the sports cap.  All of my kids can use it, making it super handy when I don't feel like packing several cups.

I have some Safe Sippy 2 cups as well.  They're cute and offer a straw option which I also like.  It took our youngest a bit more time to figure out how to use it though as she was more used to the KK sports cap. 

Check out The Eco-Friendly Family, a
    Green Living Blog
    for eco-information and fun giveaways!

• Options

We never had luck finding a SS straw sippy, since the only ones I could find were sports bottles and the reason I wanted a straw was that DD wouldn't tip the cup. Thankfully, she got over it!

But as far as SS cups go, we really like Thermos' Fogoo sippy. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Foogo & Camelbak.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"