Pregnant after IF
Options

Nervous.. Going to dye my hair tomorrow

I can't take it anymore. My grays are out of control. They have taken over my whole head. My RE told me I could do highlights with a cap since day one, but ive been scared to do it. I went to Sallys beauty supply tonight & got a cap & dye & DH is going tom help me tomorrow. My OB also told me i could dye my whole head, but I thought I'd stay with my conservative RE. It will be ok right?

Re: Nervous.. Going to dye my hair tomorrow

• Options
    I'm a colorist. I touch and smell the stuff all day and I still have my hair colored. The word "cap" scares me! What's your real color and what are you trying to achieve?
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageginger67:
    I'm a colorist. I touch and smell the stuff all day and I still have my hair colored. The word "cap" scares me! What's your real color and what are you trying to achieve?
    I have been going Gray since age 18, so honestly I don't know what my real color is. I usually am blonde, with brown lowlights. What do you suggest? Thanks!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had my whole head done at 4w and 11w - not that there's necessarily a correlation, but my little guy is fine.  I'm sure it will be ok.  Everything I've read says it's perfectly safe.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I waited until I was out of the first tri before I had my hair colored, not because I was worried about the chemicals though. My stylist only puts it on my hair, not my scalp, so it was fine. It was more the smell and then possibly puking that I was worried about it. Yuck!
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• Options
    Blonde with brown LL's? Lighter blonde base colors aren't meant to cover gray, I would think light brown, dark blonde with HL's would cover better, look more natural. If your used to being light I would use a combo of medium natural, dark natural blonde 10 volume developer ( so your outgrowth dosent have a hard line) and afterwards if you want some pop paint some fine pieces around your hairline with a powder/cream lightner with 40 volume for 20 - 30 minutes. Of course I'm just guessing here without a pic, I just think this would be an easier at home fix then trying to do too much! Sorry for the huge paragraph, on my phone for a little privacy!
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageginger67:
    Blonde with brown LL's? Lighter blonde base colors aren't meant to cover gray, I would think light brown, dark blonde with HL's would cover better, look more natural. If your used to being light I would use a combo of medium natural, dark natural blonde 10 volume developer ( so your outgrowth dosent have a hard line) and afterwards if you want some pop paint some fine pieces around your hairline with a powder/cream lightner with 40 volume for 20 - 30 minutes. Of course I'm just guessing here without a pic, I just think this would be an easier at home fix then trying to do too much! Sorry for the huge paragraph, on my phone for a little privacy!
    Thanks Ginger! I will bring this with me back to the store tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes :) I have been getting it done until like august when I decided to try to save $ & do it at home & it's been going well till the grays took over. I'm more scared it will affect the baby.
  • Options
    Honestly it's the PPD in haircolor you want to avoid. Dark brown and black permanent haircolor has a LOT of PPD. I really try to only use demi-semi on dark hair. The lighter colors are much safer and the developer is harmless (chemical wise).
  • Options

I've dyed my hair with both permanent and semipermanent dyes several times since getting KU. It's fine for you and the baby.

They really only warn you about lightening your hair and having that product sit on your scalp (the peroxide or something?)  - but even that's fine in moderation.

I would be more afraid of doing my own dye job than actually using hair dye. I think there would be nothing worse than having a jacked up head and a big fat belly. My life is hard enough these days, that sometimes I'm just getting by on the fact that my hair looks good :) 

• Options

imageginger67:

Hehehehehe.

I've been getting my hair colored too. I've gone twice already and will probably go two more times. Or at least that's what the timing looks like. 

Can you splurge and go get it done professionally? I know it's way expensive, but your pregnant and it could be a treat for you!

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    My RE told me to wait until after 1st tri...I have no idea why though and lots of ladies have done it and seem to be just fine.  I am getting my done at exactly 13 weeks and 3 days!  I am sure had I done it earlier it wouldn't have been a big deal but I have been so sick I am wasn't sure I could handle any smells.
    TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options
    I did it last week. I was nervous too but I feel so crappy and it made me feel better to at least have cute hair. Women used to drink, smoke, dye their hair and pop pills while pregnant back in the 50's and that generation turned out ok. 
    Cant wait to meet our little girl!!! BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"