Pregnant after a Loss

I feel so overwhelmed...(vent)

I've had off work this week so I decided to start doing some online window shopping for things for the nursery/baby.  I'm ready to curl in a ball! It's all way too much! I finally found a crib I like, but then I realized I have to pick a mattress too! Ugh! And trying to determine why some car seats are $80 and others are $280.  And does the baby need this or that or the other thing.  It's just all SO much.  Unfortunately I don't live near a baby store, so it's not really an option to go into a store and get help.  I've been trying to ask my mom, but she comes back with comments like "I don't know when I was pregnant with you kids, it never crossed my mind that I would be able to buy new things, I just was happy with whatever people gave me".  I'm just so confused. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I feel so overwhelmed...(vent)

• I feel the same way!  Especially when it comes to strollers/travel systems/car seats.  It all makes my head want to explode.

I've decided to take it one step at a time.  Right now we're working on getting the furniture for the baby's room.  After we get that ordered we'll work on the stroller and car seat.

It stinks you don't have a baby store close by, I find looking online makes it 10 x worse.

• I can help answer any car seat question. I'm a certified tech. 

I really found baby bargains to be helpful when I felt overwhelmed when I was pg with DD.  

• Loading the player...
  • I know how you feel. When I was pg with DS, my first visit to the baby store ended with me leaving, almost in tears. There was so much stuff and I just had no idea what to do or what we really needed. 

I second pp's suggestion to take it slow. Ask recently pg friends for recommendations. And I also found the book Baby bargains to be quite helpful, at least for most things! 

Mommy to Alden, born May 19, 2007 - best birthday present ever! natural m/c October 20, 2008 at 8w1d BFP April 4, 2009! Missed m/c discovered May 1, 2009 D&C May 12,2009 BFP March 3, 2010 Chemical pregnancy BFP May 25, 2010 Elias Derek born January 26, 2011! Surprise BFP October 24, 2012 Missed m/c confirmed Nov 26 D&C Nov 30 Surprise BFP February 13, 2013
  • I know how you feel! DH and started registering today and we are both so overwhelmed. I've had a lot of experience with babies and even I'm stumped now. Do babies really need all this crap? We don't even know where to start.
  • I, too, used Baby Bargains when pg w/ DD.  I chose one category at a time (what we'd need first:  crib, carseat, stroller, etc.) and read and chose one product type at a time.  So I read about, then picked the crib, then registered for it, then read about the carseats, picked one, then registered, etc.).  It made it much more bearable to do it piece-meal.

GL!

• Oh I know exactly how you feel! I started to look at things this week too. It's really overwhelming! My best friend (who has a 6 month old) offered to go to BRU with me to show me the things she can't live without and the things that were a waste of money to her.
  • imageMrsGo4Hockeychick:

I can help answer any car seat question. I'm a certified tech. 

I really found baby bargains to be helpful when I felt overwhelmed when I was pg with DD.  

That is awesome to know!!  I'll def be paging you when the time comes to register!!

BFP 11/09...M/C 1/27/10...TTCAL 3/2010...IUI #1 9/2010 = BFN IUI #2 10/29/2010 = TWINS! EDD 7/25/2010 C-SECTION 7/7/11 at 37.5wks due to severe pre-eclampsia. Liliana born 6lb7oz and Anthony born 5lb4oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"