Breastfeeding
Options

Question for PISA users

I have the Medela PISA, I have probably only used it about 25 times so far. I feel like the motor on mine is really loud... I seem to remember it being a lot quieter when the LC showed it to us in the BF class I took. I've also noticed that when I increase the suction it gets louder and often makes a tinny sound (that's the best way I can think of to describe it.) For those of you who use a PISA, does this sound normal? I'm trying to figure out if I need to call Medela about it because I'm about to go back to work and will be using it a lot more frequently.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Question for PISA users

• Options
    I have had a few issuse with mine.  The pump I have now is my 3rd one in almost 8 months.  The first one just died on me one day, showed no signs, just died.  Medela replaced it.  The second one over heated from the cord, the transformer that plugs into the wall started melting.  Medela replaced it.  This pump is brand new right out of the box and it sounds just like you are describing.  The higher the pumping speed the louder it gets and makes a sound.  This pump I also noticed does not have the same suction my other 2 pumps had.  I have had to relearn the different speeds of  the pump.  I actually lost a few oz of my supply because of it.  I am slowly regaining my supply buts its been hard.  It might not be a bad idea to call Medela and tell them your conserns, there customer service is very helpful.  GL
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    sounds just like mine.. and it works fine
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"