North Dakota Babies
Options

New Year's Eve Plans for A

Hate to post and run but I would like to get your ideas about this...

Should we or shouldn't we take A-man to a restaurant with other friends and their kids (closest one in age would be almost 3)?   They do a countdown at 10pm for the kids. 

Considering A-ma's bedtime is uasually anywhere between 5:30 and 7:00.

I'll be back in a few hours to chat!  Happy New Year's Eve!

Oh, and who votes that I get a new siggy pic?

Re: New Year's Eve Plans for A

• Options

Honestly, I would probably leave A with someone if you could.  I know there is a 10 pm count down, but still, he might be tired at that time and a little cranky.  This way you don't have an un-happy baby.  But you would know better, how does he do when kept up late?  Can he sleep somewhere if needed?

New siggy!!!

A & T Since 2009 Parents of A born July 2010
  • Options

lol, yes, time for a new siggy!!  :)

If you have the option of a sitter, I'd say do that.  10pm is a long way from his usual bedtime and you'd probably have a cranky baby on your hands.  But on the flip side, its just for 1 night, would he do ok if there were people around to keep him entertained enough not to get cranky?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

It depends on how he usually does when up past his bedtime. I know C is happy as can be when he is surrounded by a bunch of people and noise even if it is past his bedtime. But if we are home alone, then he gets cranky by 5:30 and is ready for bed. We learned this this holiday season being out for Christmas Eve and a holiday party. I thought he was going to be totally cranky but he was Mr. Social. So if A tends to be ok if there is a lot going on around him, I say take him!

• Options
    imageJennifer43:

It depends on how he usually does when up past his bedtime. I know C is happy as can be when he is surrounded by a bunch of people and noise even if it is past his bedtime. But if we are home alone, then he gets cranky by 5:30 and is ready for bed. We learned this this holiday season being out for Christmas Eve and a holiday party. I thought he was going to be totally cranky but he was Mr. Social. So if A tends to be ok if there is a lot going on around him, I say take him!

This.

NYE at child/ family centered event means lots of other parents in your shoes. You'll get a pass should he be less than co-operative. 

One other tip, bring his sippy/ bottle and a favorite snack from home.  I found that Lil Miss did way better in situations like this when she had something familiar to get her started. 

Hope you have lots of fun!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"