April 2011 Moms
Options

Feeling baby on my sides?

How far to the side can you feel the baby? There are times when I feel what feel like quick kicks all the way on my side (like if I pointed to it on my body, it would not be in the front of my body, but literally all the way on the side). Is this possible or are these just muscle twitches?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Feeling baby on my sides?

• Options
    Oh yeah, I feel those often, esp. at night, when I am laying on my side. That's when DH can feel her the best as well.
  • Options
    Ok, glad I'm not nuts. I just wasn't quite sure how far the uterus stretched/would allow me to feel!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm starting to feel kicks further out to the side too.  Also, sometimes I feel like I can feel kicks right above my hip sockets.  It startles me sometimes!
  • Options
    i definitely am feeling kicks on the side. like pp said, especially when i'm laying on my side. the coolest thing lately is that i've been able to feel baby on both sides at the same time. i'll feel really strong kicks where baby's feet are on one side, and light kicking on the other side where baby's arms are. hubby loves this new development.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yes I feel them on both sides and it seems like they are far apart. After having an u/s yesterday I understand by the baby's position why they feel like this. Basically my LO is head down with his butt over to my right side with his feet and hands towards the left. I feel what are almost smoother moves to the right and more of a jab feeling towards the left.
  • Options
    Last night I felt kicks on my left side, caught me totally off guard.  I even felt one on the outside too!
  • Options
    I haven't really felt them on my sides yet, but at my last U/S which was at 23 weeks, the tech showed me how the baby was positioned and she showed me that the baby's legs were up near my right side, which I thought was strange, but kinda cool. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yep I've been feeling it on my sides too.. sometimes both sides at once. I feel it on the side especially when I'm laying on my side. I love it.. well I just love feeling her anyway lol.
  • Options
    I feel him mostly on my right side. I sometimes feel a little on the left but it isn't generally to strong. I am assuming his feet are near the right because that is where I get the harder kicks. But somedays I feel him all over the place. It will start at the left, then go in the middle, and end at the right. It is so funny!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"