April 2011 Moms

Baby's Footprint Ornament

Shopping the after Christmas sales I've seen a lot of ornaments where you can take baby's handprint or footprint and it hardens to an ornament. Just looking online I can see there are wet plaster ones as well as dry clay that hardens. Has anyone done one of these? Which type did you prefer? Also, what do you think the earliest you can do one of these and get a good print. I'd like to capture his footprint as early as possible since they grow so quickly. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Baby's Footprint Ornament

• I did the wet plaster one for my dogs paw print about 3 years ago. It is super cute and I really enjoy it but the ornament is SUPER heavy. There is no way it could ever hang on a tree! I hang it on my mantle next to her stocking now every year. I, personally, would do it in December because that will be your babies actual foot size to go along with the date on the other side ("Christmas 2011").

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• I think you can do them when ever your ready.  The older they get the more they can pull their foot or hand away.

I do like the idea of doing it in Dec though if its going to be an ornament.  You can buy these kits at most crafts stores and not on line.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"