High-Risk Pregnancy

I may be joining you ladies....

So I thought I would introduce myself if my 3 hour Glucose test does not go well on Tuesday. I failed the 1 hour by 6 points this past tuesday :O( The RN wanted to test me early due to family history.

I am Amanda and we are expecting LO #2 in July! I failed the first Glucose test with DS too...but passed the 3 hour test with flying colors! 

I am just curious how many ladies on here have GD...and if you are taking anything to control your levels?

I know I am jumping ahead of myself, but I just want to know what medications there are to help control GD.

TIA ladies....and GL to you all!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: I may be joining you ladies....

• GL and hopefully you'll pass!  Why did they do the test so early, do you know?  I'm just diet-controlled and hope to stay that way, so I can't help with the meds.

ETA:  Oh duh, you said family history!  I have a family history too and passed just fine with DS (didn't have to do 3 hr.), but they never made me test early.

DS born via c/s 11/08 and med-free GD VBAC DD 3/11! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I just got diagnosed today with GD after I failed the 3 hour :(

I also have a family history on both sides so I'm hoping a diet change will be enough.  I'm worried for how this is all going to play out.

I wish you luck on your test.

BFP #1 2/10/10: No HB on 4/29/10 at 15 wk, D&C 4/30/10, Baby measured 11-12 wks. First Pregnancy and first loss. BFP #2 7/25/10: Blake Daniel arrived 3/25/11 BFP #3 3/9/12: Our Turkey Baby! Due Date: 11/19/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Loading the player...
  • I just barely failed my 3 hour, 5 points on the 2nd hour and 2 points on the third hour.  I've been able to control mine through diet only.  I started to use a kitchen scale to measure my carbs and have stayed with 2-3 carbs per meal and have done just fine.  My growth ultrasound earlier this week shows my LO is perfectly normal and average.
  • Thanks for your help ladies! I will let you know what happens!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"