May 2011 Moms

BH already?!

I'm not really sure what I'm feeling. This is my first pregnancy and it seems like everything has been happening earlier than most, so maybe in this case too. (I started leaking around 12 weeks, felt baby move around 16 weeks, etc.) For the past couple minutes I have been feeling pressure and tightening around my lower pelvis. Are these BH? They're not really painful, but they also aren't very comfortable. I am worried they could be a sign of preterm labor because I didn't expect BH this early.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: BH already?!

• Sounds very much like BH contractions..I actually had them the other night for the first time as well. Actually, I think I felt them much earlier in my pregnancy, but nothing to this degree. It def felt like pressure and tightening for up to 1 minute, then slowly releasing. However the sequence of contractions lasted about 30-40 minutes,  progressing in intensity. It started out as a minor discomfort-I thought maybe I needed a BM or maybe something I ate wasn't sitting right, and then it was more and more painful and I could actually feel the tightening of my uterus. It was all localized in the center. Everything I'd read online says they're not supposed to hurt, well let me tell you, after a few minutes they were kind of painful.

I understand the fear of preterm labor, but as long as it doesn't get super painful or the contractions don't wrap around to your back you should  be okay.. Put your feet up for now and drink lots of water. Hope this helps!

America's Next Top Mommy! 3 years of infertility = well worth the wait <3<br> BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sounds like them to me. I started to get them around 15 or 16 weeks this time, last pregnancy I remember having them at 19 weeks. I feel it most if I have a full bladder. If you worry yourself too much it makes it worse, at least it made mine worse last time. When I called my OB last pregnancy worrying about them because I was having 8+ in an hour he said unless you are feeling pain with them not to worry, just try to relax and drink some water. 

DD1 Born 11/06/09
    DD2 Born 05/11/11
     #3   EDD 05/02/16 
  • Loading the player...
  • I have been getting them early this pregnancy too.  I talked with my MW yesterday and she isn't concerned unless they have a definite pattern to them (every so many minutes), hurt, or increase in intensity.  She also wants me to drastically limit my caffeine intake.  Mine go away when I drink more water, lay down, and empty my blatter.

I am very worried about PTL with this pregnancy since I was 3cm dilated at 35 weeks with DS and put on modified bedrest.  I have a strong suspicion that this one will be worse with what I'm already feeling.

• It does sound like BH, I know I've been having them for a few MONTHS now, but then again, this is my 3rd PG and I know what to expect and look/feel for.  Even during my big u/s, the tech could see that I was having a BH contrax although I could barely feel it!

With your history of leaking, maybe you should call your OB?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"