May 2011 Moms

circumvallate placenta-- help!

We had our anatomy scan on December 23rd and I was told everything looked great.  We are having our second baby girl!

I received a call on Tuesday from a doctor in our practice that said I was found to have "circumvallate placenta."  I started researching it online yesterday but I can only find so much info. 

Has anyone already completed a pregnancy with this diagnosis or recently been diagnosed with this?  My doctor assured me it is a pretty common thing with the placenta and more often then not the babies are delivered full term without any complications.

I will have a 28 week scan and then a 36 week scan; maybe a few in between if needed.  I did read that this circumvallate placenta affects the growth of the baby later in pregnancy and if it was severe enough they would induce early or in a drasctic case if the baby was in distress they'd do a C-section... this sent me into a panic!

Can anyone offer a little guidance on this topic?  My first pregnancy was a breeze and after being 2 days overdue they induced and I had a baby in my arms 4 hours later.  She weighed 7.0 lbs; this is the only reason I'm concerned- my full-term baby only weighed 7.0.. if they induce how big could my second come out?

Happy 2011 to all!  The babies will be arriving before we know it!

Re: circumvallate placenta-- help!

• I have never heard of this but if your doc wasn't that concerned then there is no reason for you to be. Like he said, more often than not the babies are perfectly healthy! And do not google! It's just going to cause you to stress about all kinds of situations that might be completely irrelevant to you! T&Ps!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"