Pregnant after IF

Failed repeat 1 hour and COS missed memo

So I went in to repeat my 1 hour GTT today since the lab somehow screwed it up last week.  153.  <sigh>  A bunch of MoMs have told me most twin moms seem to fail the 1 hour and pass the 3 hour (2 placentas and all that jazz.)  I'm sure gorging myself on Christmas candy (you know, since I had already TAKEN my GTT last week) didn't help.

So next week on the day I'm taking off to "rest," I'll go sit in the doctor's office for half the day.  Blech.  Gives me incentive to slow down on grading so I have something to do there. (not that I can grade more than a few papers before sitting up becomes unbearable anyway!)

This was followed by a visit to the MFM.  Both babies still breech :(  Not holding out much hope at this point. I'm doing EVERYthing anybody has ever mentioned.  I don't feel big movements from them anymore. Just jabs and punches, and it's tight space.  The ultrasound was just glimpses of bits and pieces. 

My cervix of steel, fortunately, is still super long despite the trip to L&D two weeks ago.  ~6cm.  They actually thought that was strange. They said it really SHOULD shorten some by 28 weeks.  Then they asked if my labor with O was long.  Yes, yes it was. 

Later I was saying that if contractions 3 minutes apart didn't mean I should go in, the babies were going to have to fall out for me to know if I was in labor.  She said "oh, with a cervix like that, you'll probably have a really long labor and plenty of time to get here."

Strangely, that doesn't make me feel better, LOL! 

So thrilled that my cervix is still long.  Wish it would get the memo about softening up SOME between now and then.  Not sure it matters if they don't get their giant melon heads out of my ribs.

ETA: Baby A measuring 30w3d 3lbs, 7oz.

Baby B measuring 29w6d, 2lbs, 15oz.

Re: Failed repeat 1 hour and COS missed memo

• What awesome measurements!  LOL at cervix of steel, I hope those babies flip and your cervix softens up for you in the upcoming weeks.

I bombed the crap out of my 1 hour GTT.  I believe I was at 167, they thought there was no way I would pass the 3 hour but I did so I am holding out hope for you!

Daycare is SO exhausting!
    Blog
  • I'm sorry about the GTT, that super sucks. I heard the same thing about the 1 hr and 3 hr with MoMs though! Fingers crossed. 

What do you teach? I'm a retired high school English teacher :)  

Looks like the boys are at great weights though! The melon head comment made me LOL. My daughter can kick me in the boobs. I don't know if that means her feet are up too high or my boobs hang too low. Either way I think pregnancy is for the birds. 

• Loading the player...
  • imagenikinikinine:

HS Social Studies.  Do you think it would be bad to put a stack of 90 essays on my desk with a note for the long term sub that says "these need to be graded and returned this week."

• imageschoolsoutbride:
    imagenikinikinine:

HS Social Studies.  Do you think it would be bad to put a stack of 90 essays on my desk with a note for the long term sub that says "these need to be graded and returned this week."

LOL, make them earn their keep.  

• Boo...I'm sorry about the failed test :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Bah!!  School, that stinks!  I'm holding out hope for you passing the 3 hour though. 
  • imageschoolsoutbride:

So next week on the day I'm taking off to "rest," I'll go sit in the doctor's office for half the day.  Blech.  Gives me incentive to slow down on grading so I have something to do there. (not that I can grade more than a few papers before sitting up becomes unbearable anyway!)

Haha - This is exactly what I did for the three hour! Looking back, it was actually nice to have a quiet morning to myself. And I got so much done! They set me up in a nice, comfy lounge chair in my own little area. It almost made up for having to drink that awful orange stuff again.

I'm so glad to hear that both babies are doing well! I hope they get the memo about turning over soon! 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Good luck with the 3 hour.  Ick. 

Hopefully your cervix will start to cooperate.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"