North Dakota Babies

Blayne

Is B sleeping any better at night yet? G is still the same if not a little worse...she is waking up and standing up more frequently at night and it is getting harder and harder for us to put her back to sleep.....I am toying with the idea of trying CIO but DH would rather not but I not sure what else to try...I don't want her to get use to us putting her back to sleep I want her to be able to do it herself....some nights she STTN and other nights she is up 2-3x if not more....I am at a loss and so tired... Have u tried CIO for bedtime when she wakes up in the middle of the night? I know u tried at nap time....

Re: Blayne

• ETA: any of u other lovely ladies may respond too ifu have any advice to offer ;)
  • It was really bad when we were at my moms and we all shared a room. Once we came home it mysteriously improved. I have let her cry a couple times when it was early in the night. She is back to (knock on wood) putting herself back to sleep except once a night. In fact, I just watched her fuss, sit up, find her paci, and lay back down. I'm sorry that is not very helpful Smile. That said, I am a big proponent of CIO - much more than I ever thought I would be. It's defenitely not for every child or every situation, but you know Gs personality and you think it might work its worth a shot. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • I just want to send (((hugs))) to the both of you!!!  I'm sure I'd be right there with you if Mari wasn't bedsharing!
  • Well last night DH and I decided to do the CIO/Ferber method to stop the night waking..since she does not have a bottle at night and I know she is not sick I figured we would give it a try...G went to bed at 7:50 and at 8:35 she woke back up standing up in her crib, crying...so I went in first after a minute of crying and laid her back down, gave her her paci and said Mommy loves you but it is time for bed- I left the room and she got right back up and was crying so we waited 2 mins and then DH went in and did the same exact thing and left the room and wouldn't you know she went to sleep....than at 1:00am she woke up again, we waited 1 min and I went in and did and said the same exact thing and holy crap she went to sleep again and we did not hear from her again till she woke up at 7:45 this morning!!!! Whoo hoo one day down, we will see how tonight goes....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"