Parenting after 35

help

I am really suffering with terrible nausea and I am only 7 weeks pregnant. I tried gingerale, zofran, lollipops, water, cracker, bread, it is really bad, nothing helps..Any advice?? Thanks ladies.

Re: help

• No advice, as I didn't have nausea with my pregnancy. I hope you get some relief.
  • I had horrible morning (and afternoon and evening) sickness.  The two things that helped me were watermelon and Tom Yum soup. If you are not familiar with Tom Yum soup it is a Thai soup that contains ginger and turmeric.  It was one of the only things I could eat for two trimesters. I am lucky that there is an excellent Thai restaurant down the street.

I hope you feel better soon!

• Loading the player...
  • Sea bands really helped me!  You can buy them at any pharmacy & they are for motion sickness & really do help with morning sickness too. I lived in them for my first tri with all my boys. 
    Boy 1 2/06 - Boy 2 12/07 - Boy 3 9/09
  • I had awful nausea with this pregnancy... the only thing that really seemed to help me was to have little snacks throughout the day and to drink gingerale.  It didn't make it go away, but defintely made it much more tolerable.  GL~
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I too was horribly sick, pretty much 24/7 my entire pregnancy.  The anti nausea meds didn't work for me, but talk to your OB, they are very pg safe and there's something in addition to zofran that can be used but I'm blanking on it.  As for the old wives tales in addition to what you've already tried....tart lemonade and salty chips snacked on together actually did provide some relief (and it is a clinically proven combo - go figure) as did 2-3 T of apple cider vinegar in a LARGE bottle of iced water (the organic vinegar tasted almost cider-ish), pineapple and papaya - dried, fresh and juice (no help to me), smelling peppermint essential oil (not sure this worked but it was nice), and green apples.  I hope you find something that helps, because that feeling is just bad! GL
  • This is the part I hated.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Maybe ginger "tea," just fresh ginger sliced or chopped with hot water poured over it?  I am so sorry, nausea is just awful.
    You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • imagersd12:
    Sea bands really helped me!  You can buy them at any pharmacy & they are for motion sickness & really do help with morning sickness too. I lived in them for my first tri with all my boys. 

I forgot about sea bands. They really DO work. I only had moderate morning sickness (no actual puking, but feeling terrible all day). I wore long sleeves and sea bands from the middle of April to early June.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ginger ale, crackers and nothing acidic were what I relied on during my 1st tri, but mine wasn't all that bad.

I'm sorry. :(

• Ginger tea should help. Hope you feel better!
  • Aww... Amy... I hope you get some relief.

I'm grateful that I didn't have morning sickness. Strangely, however, because I get sick at the drop of a hat usually.

Bronx Zoo: Summer 2013

To read my blog, click on the giraffe pic below!
  • Like Amy, I ate tons of watermelon with my first when I could keep anything down (like sat with it in front of me and ate it with a spoon). I had really, really bad MS with him. At the time my doc recommended Vit B with Unisom, but there were conflicting reports if it was OK, so I wouldn't take it. I have since heard that it is fine - maybe ask your doc if he/she is OK with that.

With Maddie I ate a lot of picked ginger - I always eat it when we go out for sushi and so my DH bought me a jar of it, esp. since I was missing it because I couldn't have sushi - I could at least still have ginger!

Also, I was told rasberry tea leaves (like the twigs and leaves not the Celestial Seasoning stuff) helped. I didn't really believe it but was desperate and it did help - a lot! However I have also read recently that it can encourage contractions, but I don't know if that is only when you are close to delivering so definately check on that before you try it if you are interested. My son was fine - but I don't know if it's recommended now or not). When my MS with my first was at its worst ( I lost 30 pounds one month and it slowly tapered over the next 8 months until I didn't love in my 8th month and actually gained 1 pound a week in the last 4 weeks), that made it so I could keep some toast down. Rasberry tea also has vitamin K which helps you to clot and not hemorrhage, but could be a problem if you have too much clotting factors normally, then you would obviously want to avoid it.

I did finally get a Rx - it was  a lovely suppository, but it helped also.

• imageDaisiesinmygarden:

With Maddie I ate a lot of picked ginger - I always eat it when we go out for sushi and so my DH bought me a jar of it, esp. since I was missing it because I couldn't have sushi - I could at least still have ginger!

If you have an asian market around, you should be able to find the pickled ginger there, along with crystallized ginger and tea bags of ginger tea.  As you can guess, ginger was very helpful for me.  Good luck, and hope you find some relief soon.

DD1 is 3, DD2 is 1.
  • Thank you all, I am going to the market tomorrow and also to get the sea bands..I am so grateful on this board!! Thank you allllllll
  • I was sick all through my first and third trimester with all-day nausea and projectile vomitting, the only thing that helped me was distraction...I bought non-toxic paint and painted a wall mural in the nursery. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Try eating small amounts of starchy carbs (rice, crackers, toast) frequently. Also, for some reason gelly beans worked for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"