July 2011 Moms
Options

DH and Call of Duty

I'm sitting here completely bored out of my mind while he plays Call of Duty on his Xbox. I actually laugh a little because he takes it so seriously. He tends to have the mouth of a drunken sailor, and actually yells at the TV. Much like what you would see with someone watching a sports game. It's like it's actually life or death for him, lol. I'm all for getting into a game, but holy crap! I just hope our LO doesn't pick up the potty mouth. (enter Orbit commercial here)
Jake on swing AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage

Re: DH and Call of Duty

• Options
    Mine plays it too, and gets really mad at the tv when he gets killed. It's so irritating when he plays it.
  • Options
    When I get annoyed at his video game playing, I'll go to another room. Whenever he says something to the computer/TV I shout, "Honey, did you say something" or "Who are you talking to?" Passive aggression FTW.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DH doesn't play many video games. But he is way too intense about his sports. I love to watch sports but he is crazy!
  • Options
    Ugh XBOX!!! i hate it!!!!!!!!!!!!! My fiance plays Madden 11 all the time and omg he really gets so into it!!! I try to stay out of the room as much as possible when he plays but something him playing it just gets me angry!!!!!! Than he'll have my brother play with him and omg thats 100 times worse cause they taunt each other and its loud and annoying!!!!!!!!!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DH got the new call of duty for Christmas from his brother, he's into it but doesn't yell at the tv, he saves that for the football video game. I tell him if he's not having fun he doesn't have to play. It cracks me up though, because football is a game, and then in video game format it's a pretend game, and he still gets all fired up.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options

I bought DH the new call of duty (black ops) for christmas. He is obsessed!!! I usually surf on the internet or go watch tv while he's playing. He also got a blue tooth and can now talk to people *eye roll*.

On another note, how are you up at 1am?!? I'm exhausted by 7pm.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker M/C June 2010 at 9weeks 3days
  • Options
    I actually bought my hubby a Playstation 3 as his "baby gift".  He doens't play it a whole lot, its kind of nice, cause while he plays, I can just lay on the couch and sleep....oh, sleep...
  • Options
    Xbox360 DH loves it he gets really into it..but I cant knock him because thats how I got intrested in him because I loved playing it also...haha our problem is fighting over whos turn it is to play
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

OP, are we married to the same man? haha!

DH and all his buddies are online and play in a big group at night. Every one of them cuss and I can hear them thru the headset. One guy screams like a girl (jokingly, I hope) when people get after them. It's hilarious!

Oh, I gotta share this one! One day he was playing and he started whistling "Amazing Grace". I thought to myself "I'm giving him 5 seconds after he stops whistling to cuss someone." Well, he stops whistling, cusses someone and then starts whistling where he left off! He's such a nut.

• Options
    My DH is a computer game guy, but multiplayer, so it's very similar as far as the interaction with others and the concentration needed. He doesn't notice it, but he breathes like he's going into labor when he plays! It's actually kinda funny.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Oh, yeah, I totally understand!!  My DH is sooo animated when he plays XBox.  I videotaped him one day and he was trying to hold back, but was still amazed at what a spaz he was.  His latest game is the new Halo, but I know he'd enjoy Call of Duty.  Luckily, he doesn't play often when I'm around (since we have opposite shifts, it's pretty easy to convince him to spend time with me when we are on the same schedule).

• Options
    We have friends with infant twins and there's a pic of dad holding a baby in each arm and his hands meet in the middle, where he is holding the controller.
    *Married 10.10.08*
    TTC #1 9.09 - BFP#1:2.18.10= missed m/c, D&C 4.16
    BFP#2:10.22.10=Avelin born 7.2.11
    TTC#2: 2.13 - BFP#3: 7.25.13=Kelsey born 3.31.14
  • Options
    imageDeannaSue84:

I bought DH the new call of duty (black ops) for christmas. He is obsessed!!! I usually surf on the internet or go watch tv while he's playing. He also got a blue tooth and can now talk to people *eye roll*.

Lol, I have no idea how I was up that late. I'm usually falling asleep by 9, barely able to keep my eyes open.

My DH has a headset that he plugs in to the controller, so he gets to talk to people too *eye roll as well*. Like a PP, he has friends that he plays with so I try to let him play as often as he wants since he doesn't get to hang out with them often. But sometimes it's like "How about you hang out with me for a change?" lol. 

Jake on swing AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
  • Options

I'd watch out for the potty mouth! My dad took football VERY seriously when my brother and I were babies, and my brother's first word was "Touchdown!"

But yeah, DH plays Call of Duty or some other war shooty game most times we go to my parents' house with my dad and or my brother. I get SO bored.

• Options

imagewaterlily2k2:
    I'm sitting here completely bored out of my mind while he plays Call of Duty on his Xbox. I actually laugh a little because he takes it so seriously. He tends to have the mouth of a drunken sailor, and actually yells at the TV. Much like what you would see with someone watching a sports game. It's like it's actually life or death for him, lol. I'm all for getting into a game, but holy crap! I just hope our LO doesn't pick up the potty mouth. (enter Orbit commercial here)

This!  I swear I could have written this post.  I despise that game so much!!!

• Options
    imageDeannaSue84:

It was only 10pm for me.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"