Parenting after 35

Party stuff and so far, so good.

Sydney's party decorations came yesterday. I opened the box this morning after she went down for her nap. I came close, but so far, no crying. Ordering her cake and the hoagie tray this weekend. She already has her dress she'll wear too. And finally, shopping for the perfect present this weekend.

I can't believe that my baby will be one in a week.  

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Party stuff and so far, so good.

• Way to be strong. I'll be doing all my preparations this weekend. I think the cake is what will get me the most sentimental.

ETA: Dana, I remember that pregnant picture of you from last year. I was amazed that you had a shirt that was still so long. All of mine were up to my bellybutton by then. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Right there with ya'll.  The party favors (maraca's) came yesterday and I'm waiting for her Springsteen tee (we're doing a V Rocks party) to come in.  I keep reflecting on where I was last year at this time, and where you and Laura were.  I remember Laura going into labor for like a week and then finding out that we had the girls on the same day (after they were both almost two weeks late). 
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I was most emotional the day before... but now (and yesterday) I was fine. I'm sure Saturday- her big party- I'll be fine, too. Now it's just about having fun and enjoying this next adventure. : ) And besides, they'll ALWAYS be our babies.
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I  cannot believe how fast one year has flown by! Hold back the tears when she blows out the candles you may lose it! Happy early bday!!
  • Big hugs to you. I maintain that this is an incredibly emotional event for moms that deserves recognition. Such an important day!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • Dana!!  I TOTALLY remember that first picture...in fact I remember commenting that your hair was always perfectly styled in every picture you posted!!!    I was lucky enough if I put on chapstick at that point...LOL!

I honestly believe that you dont understand how fast time flies until you have a child...maybe b/c you see it right before your very eyes...the passage of time.  It's surreal sometimes.

Enjoy these moments! 

Me-38, DH - 48 | DD born 3/17/10 | BFP 4/29/11 - M/C 5/31/11 Blighted Ovum | BFP 12/18/11 CP - 12/27/11 | Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Good job mama! The crying will come soon enough! I remember your picture as well! So cute! Wow 1 week!!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • You guys are so sweet. Thanks! I'll have a good cry at some point. And I agree with Peeper. The first birthday is an important reflection for us Mamas, not only the baby's milestone. She said it better though!

imageYaraC:
    ETA: Dana, I remember that pregnant picture of you from last year. I was amazed that you had a shirt that was still so long. All of mine were up to my bellybutton by then. 

Laura - And I remember you asking me how it was still that long back then! Are you thinking every day about how at this time last year you were "xx" days overdue? Caroline SHOULD be one already. LOL.

PhotobucketPhotobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great pics!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"