Austin Babies
Options

Eggs don't come from cows!!!

First, I'll mention that Emily hasn't had dairy since 11am yesterday and her rash is like 95% better!!! I've often heard people confuse a dairy/egg allergy. I told someone at work that we don't give Emily eggs and they said "Oh how sad, she can't have cheese" Hmm Uhhhh... I was looking for dairy free snacks when I came across this on diapers.com "Early Learning Centre Wooden Dairy Set"

Don't get me wrong, the eggs are cute as hell but really!?

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Eggs don't come from cows!!!

• Options
    Uh, yeah.  I get that all the time.  I tell people I have a dairy allergy and they ask if I can have eggs.  I seriously had a waiter at Carino's pick all the pasta out of my minestrone soup b/c "pasta has eggs in it and you said you had a dairy allergy." (Even though I ordered a pasta dish to eat after my soup...)  I guess people get confused because the eggs and milk are usually near each other or in the same section in the grocery store.
    No siggy pic until TB gets rid of Twitter and FB links Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Yeah - I've had this issue too with people thinking when I say "no dairy" that I also mean "no eggs".  Pretty sure eggs still come from a chicken butt!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL!  That's hilarious.  That wooden set is cute though.
  • Options

Embarrassed

I am totally guilty of this, but thankfully I haven't inflicted it on any others. I'm on a medication that cautions against dairy and for some reason I have it stuck in my head that I can't have eggs either. I'm usually an intelligent person, I swear.

• Options

I think eggs are dairy too. I have no idea why. I would never think someone was allergic to eggs though if they said they had a dairy allergy or that someone who had an egg allergy couldn't eat dairy. But I swear somewhere they taught me eggs were part of milk/cheese- maybe the food pyramid? or just the dairy section in the store?

I also did not know eggs came from a chicken butt. I thought they came from a chicken vagina. Turns out chickens do not have vaginas. Learn something new every day around here. :-)

Our Christmas Eve baby>Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers>
  • Options
    DH and I were arguing yesterday about where the eggs went in the play food crates.  I wanted to put the eggs in the protein crate and he wanted to put them in the dairy crate.  Now I'm tempted to go look up how the toy is packaged originally.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"