Breastfeeding
Options

DD just dropped 2 feedings. . .

She normally eats 7-9 times per day.  The past 2 days, she's only nursed 6 times.  She appears satiated and is STTN, but I'm worried about my supply.  Should  I be pumping to make up the feedings, or just roll with it?

TIA!
http://www.SoooBig.WordPress.com Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: DD just dropped 2 feedings. . .

• Options
    I would just roll with it.  My DS has been doing this same thing the past couple of days.  Although, he still wakes at least 2x a night.  I'm not worried about my supply at all.  If your DD decides to pick a feeding back up, the nipple stimulation should tell your body to start making more.  Supply and demand, right?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Yay for STTN!!  My LO started STTN right at 3 months and I've had to pump b/c I woke up very engorged at like 4am.  I've started pumping before going to bed so hopefully I can STTN too. 

I think you should just roll with, my LC always said you will produce what you baby needs.  I've also heard the body adjusts and starts producing less at night once baby isn't nursing at night.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAlisha4517:

Yay for STTN!!  My LO started STTN right at 3 months and I've had to pump b/c I woke up very engorged at like 4am.  I've started pumping before going to bed so hopefully I can STTN too

I think you should just roll with, my LC always said you will produce what you baby needs.  I've also heard the body adjusts and starts producing less at night once baby isn't nursing at night.  :)

This is funny!  Glad you guys are STTN!  Maybe DS and I will get there one day.  :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Definitely just roll with it - my baby started sleeping through the night and nursing 6x per day around 2.5 months and was always just fine. I was super engorged for awhile and had to pump a few times (but only pump to relieve the pressure, don't pump to empty) but eventually your body will adjust.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"