Pregnant after a Loss

Ugh... furniture vent

We ordered furniture stupidly early... My mom and dad wanted to buy it for us, and the local baby furniture store has a 9 month layaway, so she wanted us to have it picked out so she could start making payments.  So we ordered it at... 7 weeks (I know you are thinking I am crazy... I swear, I wasn't shopping for other stuff that early!).

So, we didn't realize that apparently this little local business that has been around forever is having money problems.  I'm sure with the economy the last couple of years, and trying to compete w/ BRU and such, they haven't done as well.  We didn't know this when we ordered it.... But now, we are having some serious issues getting our furniture.  My mom has paid for it, and we are ready to pick it up, but whenever we call the guy, he gives us some excuse about the "manufacturer being slow".  I do not think this is actually the case.  I have a feeling they are behind in their payment, or something.

So, we are kind of stuck right now.  We can go somewhere else and get furniture, but then we are out the money.  From what we have learned, it sounds like he will eventually get the furniture, but it will be drastically late.  A lot of people complained that they got their furniture AFTER their baby is born.  Not really excited about our options here.  Ugh.

formerly *Abby*
BFP 10/05/09 - natural m/c 10/22/09... BFP 07/18/2010 - My BFP Chart - Due March 29, 2011
My Pregnancy Blog
Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
"You are the best thing, that's ever been mine." - Taylor Swift, "Mine"
Labor Buddy to leneae10 and kilissa

Re: Ugh... furniture vent

• That's terrible!  Hopefully they can get your furniture soon.  I would be furious if I had to wait until after the baby was born.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That is insane! If your mom has a receipt, I would seriously consider getting a refund and going elsewhere. They can't keep your money and not give you what you purchased. I would tell them that either that furniture comes in by the next 2-3 weeks, or you'll be calling the BBB, and going elsewhere.
    "Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
  • Loading the player...
  • imageshaysmom05:
    That is insane! If your mom has a receipt, I would seriously consider getting a refund and going elsewhere. They can't keep your money and not give you what you purchased. I would tell them that either that furniture comes in by the next 2-3 weeks, or you'll be calling the BBB, and going elsewhere.

This! I would be furious. Our LO isn't going to be in her room right away since it's on a different floor and I don't think I'd be good at stair climbing while sleep deprived. But, I still wanted to have her furniture there just in case we change our minds or something. 

I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • imagevflipo:

imageshaysmom05:
    That is insane! If your mom has a receipt, I would seriously consider getting a refund and going elsewhere. They can't keep your money and not give you what you purchased. I would tell them that either that furniture comes in by the next 2-3 weeks, or you'll be calling the BBB, and going elsewhere.

This! I would be furious. Our LO isn't going to be in her room right away since it's on a different floor and I don't think I'd be good at stair climbing while sleep deprived. But, I still wanted to have her furniture there just in case we change our minds or something. 

I honestly don't know if we could get our money back... I think that they are pretty close to bankruptcy, and I don't know that he still has the money.  It seems like he is so behind on payments that he is taking other peoples money to pay for furniture that was ordered by other people months ago, if that makes any sense... Kind of like a sort of ponzi deal.  It is awful.  Ugh.   

formerly *Abby*
    BFP 10/05/09 - natural m/c 10/22/09... BFP 07/18/2010 - My BFP Chart - Due March 29, 2011
    My Pregnancy Blog
    Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    "You are the best thing, that's ever been mine." - Taylor Swift, "Mine"
    Labor Buddy to leneae10 and kilissa
  • :( I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Either way, even if they don't have the money anymore, if they don't supply you with what you ordered, it's theft. I really hope that's not the case, but I'd have someone look into it.
    "Momma! She's doing it again!!" Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"