January 2011 Moms
Options

Advice needed? Labor pains??

I am not sure exactly what to do. I have had an upset stomach all day it started around 1:00pm. TMI- but I feel like I have to empty my bowel but there is nothing left and then I have been having contractions (I think) throughout the day and evening. They are painful, but they don't have a pattern. They have been getting closer together. I am only 35 weeks. If I were a little further a long I would just wait it out and see what happens, but do you think I should call and see what the doctor thinks. I am one of those people who would hate to go in and find out I just have a little tummy ache. It is so hard to tell what is a normal ache and pain of being so pregnant and what is really a "concern." What would you do?

P.S. I also super bad heart burn that just started like 10 minutes ago!!! 

Re: Advice needed? Labor pains??

• Options
    Most doctors won't stop labor at 35 weeks, but it never hurts to give them a call and see what they think. I hate calling my midwife with questions, but they knew what they were getting into when they become doctors! When I started contractions at 35 weeks my doctor told me to drink lots of water, lay down or walk around for a bit, and if neither help after an hour or so and the contractions grow more intense, you can expect it to be the real deal. Good luck!
  • Options
    If you feel you might be in labor before 37 weeks, you should always call your doctor and not wait for it to get further along.  They may or may not try to stop it.  They may want to give you a steroid to help with LO's lungs. 
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hey!

Well, we're virtually about the same amt along and I had that earlier this week. Didn't think it was actual labor...just think it's my body getting ready?

Felt a bit gross, couldn't eat without having to insta-poop (lol), and had some random cramping/tightening.

Everything's tapered off for now, so it seems. But, like the others said, if you're concerned, call your doc! It can't hurt!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"