Upstate NY Babies
Options

Thankful Thursday

It's the last Thursday of the year.  Last night as I was getting up with Sophia for the 5th time I put it into perspective that at least I have a daughter to get up with. There is someone at work whose cousin lost her 2month old to SIDS on Christmas Eve and another who is going through chemo and someone else who lost her mom suddenly during december and another whose husband kindnapped her son and she can't do anything to get him back b/c they are married. So after all those bad things I realized I am pretty lucy.

I am so thankful for my children and husband. This year has been rough for us but I am thankful that we are healthy and dh and I have a very strong marriage.

Re: Thankful Thursday

• Options

I am thankful for my two healthy children.  Even with Ty being on the AS, I wouldn't want him any other way!

And I am hoping to be thankful for two heathly nephews by the end of the day!  My sister's water just broke and she is on the way to St. Mary's in Troy to have her twins!  Probably heading out there tomorrow to meet them!

• Options

@Jewels, I'm sorry there is so much bad news around you.  It definitely helps to put things in perspective.

@Tiny, early congrats Auntie!

I am thankful for my little girl who is growing so much everyday.  I am so lucky to have her in my life and really cherish every moment I have with her.

I am also thankful that DH and I seem to have gotten over a pretty big hump.  Things have been great and we're really trying to focus on taking some "us" time when we can.  We realized how important that is to us and our marriage.

DD1: 3/31/10 DD2: 9/7/11
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I am so so thankful for pretty much everything involving Charlotte - that we were able to get pregnant easily, that my pregnancy was relatively complication-free, that labor and delivery went quickly and that she is here and healthy and bringing us so much joy. 

I am thankful that I have a job to go back to, even though I am going to miss spending my days with my girl.

I am thankful for our house - it definitely has its quirks as all houses do (especially older houses) but I love love love being in our own place SO much more than an apartment and especially with the baby.  

image        image
  • Options
    I'm thankful for Justin. His health, like you ladies mentioned. And honestly, just the fact that he turned from a baby into this cool, fun, hilarious little person that I LOVE being around. It was funny b/c I heard how kids will make you "stop and smell the roses"- yesterday in Wegmans, we walked by the the floral dept and Justin tapped my hand and said, "Mama? Justin smell a flower?". So we took a few minutes and smelled all the different kinds...and my eyes welled up with corny tears.
    imageimageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Thanks for the reminder to take a minute to reflect, Jewels.

I'm so thankful that we decided to move here.  I never imagined how much of a difference it would make on our family life to have DH work 'normal' hours.  I'm so thankful that Gavin is healthy and happy.  I'm thankful that DH is so hands-on with him and helpful around the house.  And I'm so thankful that we all have one another.   

• Options

I am so thankful for my DH...he really does so much and I do not think that I give him enough credit a lot of times.  

I am so thankful to have a beautiful child and one on the way. 

imageimage PHOTO Credit: Meryl :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I thank God everyday for my son who is growing into this amazing little individual. I am also so thankful for an amazing dh who is so involved with our son despite the amount of time he has to spend away from us sometimes. He has definitely worked hard to keep me sane through an otherwise not so great year.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"