North Dakota Babies
Options

NBR: anyone have a Flip camcorder?

How do you like it?

I'd heard such great things about it so I decided to buy one.  I wasn't happy with my current video recorder and wanted something more simple and I have to say I love how easy it is to use!

But...we've been playing around with it a bit today and when I playback the videos on my computer it's really grainy looking.  It's supposed to be HD so I guess I expected a clearer image.  Just wondering if anyone else had this happen?  Is this just the norm? (I'm not really tech savvy...)

TIA!

imageimageAnniversary

Re: NBR: anyone have a Flip camcorder?

• Options
    In full screen its a little pixel-ly, in about 4x6 size it looks really good.  I'm not sure if it changes the quality when you download it or if you can control that.  Sorry I'm not much help, I'm not really tech savvy either!
  • Options

imageMrsBlayne:
    In full screen its a little pixel-ly, in about 4x6 size it looks really good.  I'm not sure if it changes the quality when you download it or if you can control that.  Sorry I'm not much help, I'm not really tech savvy either!

Yeah, that's exactly what I find too.  I'm not sure if there is a different way to download it to fix it.  Maybe it's just the way it is. 

imageimageAnniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Never mind...I'm a dork.  I thought I bought him the flip but I decided to get the kodak zi8 instead.  Sorry!!!  But with the kodak we can change the setting for what it records on (wgva or whatever, versus 720 pi versus 1080 or whatever).  Maybe you can do that?
  • Options

We have the Samsung HD Compact Video Camera (it's basically a Flip) and unless we have really great light, all of our videos are pretty grainy even at 1080p.

I was kind of disappointed, especially since I thought I was getting "HD" quality. It could be user error, I don't know. I'm just not a fan of these compact video cameras after owning one. Honestly, my cell phone takes better video and I use it more often. It is good just to have handy in your purse or whatever :)

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker ashley jordan est. 06.07.08 | siesta key, fl
  • Options
    So I went back to the store to see if they could tell me anything.  The guy there recorded some and then played it back on one of their TVs and of course it looked fine.  So he says it may be have to do with the lighting.  I'm going to try some outdoor shooting tomorrow to see what happens. 
    imageimageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"