Stay at Home Moms

does your LO favor your DH?

Is this normal?  When DH comes home, DS wants pretty much nothing to do with me.  He immediatley puts his arms out for DH and will even cry if he leaves the room.  I am with DS every second of every day and I have to admit, I cried this morning.  Is it normal/common?  Am I doing something wrong?  Even if we are out with crowds, DS will favor DH over me :(
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: does your LO favor your DH?

• DS flip flops between DH and I but I would say most of the time he wants dad when he's home. Even if DS is in a mommy phase, he will always cry the second he hears the door open because he wants daddy and is impatient.

Consider it a good thing-your child should be bonded with his father and since your DH is gone all day he misses him.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Both my kids havve always flip flopped, one week or month they are stuck to my hip and the next it will be DH, it is totally normal and actually a good sign of a good relationship with your LO and your DH. YOu are reading too much into it, there will be a lot of circumstances in the future that will hurt your feelings if you let it.
  • Loading the player...
  • I LOVE Daddy phases!  It gives me such a break.  DD goes back and forth between us every couple months and its exhausting to be the favored parent.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Both of mine do! As soon as daddy is around mama is forgotten about. I enjoy the break, lol!
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Yes, and I love it! A) I love how much he clearly love and is attached to my husband, and B) after being with him all day it's nice for me that he wants to cling to someone else! Doesn't hurt my feelings at all.
  • Right now the older one favors me and the baby favors daddy....it's probably this way because the baby is too little for discipline yet, LOL. 
    Adrian 7.6.07 - ADHD, Disruptive Behavior Disorder, Learning Disability-NOS
    Cam 6.6.10 - Autism, Global Developmental Delay, Mixed Receptive/Expressive Communication Disorder
  • DD always favors one of us, but which one it is changes.  She always gets very excited when DH comes home.  When we are out with crowds, DD pays attention to everyone but us.  It's completely normal.  As much as it stings, I prefer when DD is on a daddy phase.  It's exhausting when she throws a tantrum whenever I try to go to the bathroom without her or walk into another room to get the laundry for 30 seconds or cook dinner without holding her.
    DD: 04/09 TTC#2 since 10/09 Dx: PCOS w/IR M/c #1: 07/10 M/c #2: 09/10 M/c #3: 03/11
  • All day, Ben loves me.  As soon as DH walks in the door, I become chopped liver. 

My husband was off on Friday and all this week, so Ben has been in his glory.  I think he's going to be pretty unhappy when Monday comes, DH goes back to work and he's then 'stuck' with me all day again.  ;)

• I thought I was the only one!! Yep, it's the same here! Sometimes I get sad about it but mostly I try to think of it as a break. Imagine if you LO didn't want to be with Daddy and you had to try to get him to cling to him. That would not only be sad for your DH but you'd also never get a break. Try to enjoy the time you have to yourself, but don't worry, I too get sad about it. 
  • My son is the same way when my DH comes home.  I don't blame him one bit! It doesn't hurt my feelings because I KNOW my DS loves me.  I  think its a great sign that DS has such a good/positive relationship with DH.   My mom was a SAHM and I remember my siblings and I running to the door and being so happy when my dad got home from work. 

That being said, when DH is back to work after the weekend, my DS always fusses for him on Monday morning.  I have to say it does make me a touch miffed, lol.  It can't be THAT bad to be stuck with me! 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"