Northern California Babies
Options

Who is ready for 2011? POLL

It seems like a lot of us have had to deal with various (and numerous) struggles in 2010.

Who is ready for a fabulous, joyous, and fantastic 2011??

Any plans in the works to make 2011 great?  (NYE plans, upcoming vacations, life changes, new member of the household [baby, pet, etc], etc)

Bonus: name something fabulous about you!

Re: Who is ready for 2011? POLL

• Options

2010 was a year from hell. I'm so ready for 2011. We've got fun NYE plans and I'm thrilled to be ringing in the new year with great friends. I'm hoping to go back to school and possibly start the beginning to a major transition in my career. Hoping DH and I continue to be successful in therapy.  No babies in our near future but hoping to take a vacation that is longer than 4 days and not in the bay area. =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I am soooo ready for the year to be over.

We will be taking a short family trip in January, we are thinking Monterey. Thinking about TTC in the next few months. Trying to convince DH that we need to take a real vacation this year, before another baby comes.

Fabulous about me: hmmmmm... not feeling too fabulous this morning, but very excited that AF has come back into town for the first time since Sept.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I actually have mixed feelings, while 2010 was not the best year for my family, it also was a year when we had some great things happen (2 pgs - although one wasn't successful, it was still great, and one successful brain surgery).

The 1st month we had a loss, my uncle committed suicide in Puerto Rico, 2 months later we find out my niece needs brain surgery, a couple days after surgery we find out we're expecting, my niece recovers after an 8+ surgery and a couple of weeks stay at the hospital, 2 months later we get the worst news new parents can ever receive - we need to terminate the pg.  Then 5 months later we find out we are expecting again and got great test results a couple of weeks ago. 

This has definitely been a rollercoaster ride for us and while I'm excited for 2011, I'm also sad to say good-bye to 2010. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Angel Baby - 5/22/2010 @ 13 weeks. Always in our hearts.
  • Options

2010 was a far better than 2009 for me. However, I am looking for to 2011.

I have an appt with the RE to discuss our plan (round #2) for having a baby. Everything is up in the air until that is decided.

I want to sign up for more races but until we figure out our plan, that is on hold.

We are even more determined to get out of this place we are renting and buy a house. Even if we can not get out of here...at least get a bigger DP. This place is getting to us.

• Options

I am so ready for a fabulous and fresh 2011!

No big NYE plans for us.  We typically go for a hike on NYD.  I am trying to plan a vacation for us in February (haven't had one in over a year, possibly year and a half).  Hint: it involves Disney World, a half marathon, and my birthday!  Oh and I hope 2011 brings us a little bundle of joy. 

Something others tell me I am good at--baking and creating new recipes.  I love to bake.  Any nesties are welcome to come on over and I will bake for you!

• Options

2010 wasn't a bad year, but I am excited about a new year. We have no NYE plans. I can barely stay up until 10 pm, let alone midnight, these days. :)

Great plans for 2011? We'll start the year off celebrating Eve's 3rd bday. The new baby will come sometime in early February!!! I'm overjoyed thinking about my son. With maternity leave, we'll get to visit my family in SC. I haven't seen most of them in person since January 2010 and I miss them so much! Hopefully, the summer will be full of sprint triathlons. I'm looking forward to race season. I foresee some frustration as we get used to our new budget (two in daycare will be a stretch), but we'll get there.

Bonus: I'm super proud of myself that I've only gained 4 lbs so far during this pregnancy. I came into it overweight and worried that I would gain another 70 lbs like I did with Eve. Baby is growing and healthy and I'm probably the healthiest I've been in a long time. (Don't worry, I'm not starving myself and my midwife isn't concerned at all.)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Options

Who is ready for a fabulous, joyous, and fantastic 2011?? Me!!!

Any plans in the works to make 2011 great?  (NYE plans, upcoming vacations, life changes, new member of the household [baby, pet, etc], etc) The baby and becoming a mommy will of course be the best part of 2011. Finally paying my car off will be pretty awesome too. We also are crazy enough to have a roadtrip planned to Oklahoma City with a two month old for our car club's annual national meet. It's finally time for DH to install seatbelts in the Hudson.

Bonus: name something fabulous about you! I love spoiling my kitties. It's my inner crazy cat lady. Big Smile

DD1: May 2011
    DD2: February 2014

• Options

I can't believe it's really almost 2011.  The past few months have flown by!

2011 will be awesome, with the birth of our first child.  Am so excited and nervous at the same time.

NYE this year will be low key, we'll be RV camping with friends. I plan to be in bed by 10pm though! lol

Wishing everyone a happy and safe NYE!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekfishie:

Something others tell me I am good at--baking and creating new recipes.  I love to bake.  Any nesties are welcome to come on over and I will bake for you!

I am willing to come over!!! 

• Options
    I love Nye parties! This year did not discuss it until last night. Looks like we are going to have s nice dinner at home and watch some movies together and eat popcorn. Not exactly glamorous but I think it will be fun. My plans for the new year are mostly serious like building a better support network for my family. I want to continue to improve our home and this year I want to create a master plan for that. I love the idea of a family vacation....... I need to get on that.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers"> Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    2010 wasn't to bad but I am hoping 2011 is better. I am ready for DH to find a new job, close to home, good pay that he loves. I am sick of this on and off again with work. As much as I complained about his old-old job with the flower people, I miss that he liked the people he worked with.
  • Options

You know every year has its ups and downs. I found that 2010 was probably the most "trial-filled" year thus far. BUT it ended with the greatest reward! Our first LO on the way :)  We really are blessed beyond belief to have come sooo far! Our marriage started out rocky this year (to be honest) and is ending on incredibly high note :)

We are SUPER excited to ring in nye with our church and extended family at a 70's BASH!!!!!! Right now we are planning some surprise performances and getting outfits together! 

I feel unsure of what 2011 holds But have COMPLETE faith that EVERYTHING will work out just as it needs to. :) 

Happy New Years Ladies!!!! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am excited for 2011 to welcome our baby into the world in June and to finally graduate with my Master's degree in the same month! I have high hopes for this year. :-)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

2010 was a good year for me considering the new addition that was announced, so I felt really great about this year. There were some downer spots, but I guess that's to be expected. This coming year, we're definitely expecting a new member of our family and I really hope that 2011 will be a fabulous year for us. We don't have any big NYE plans other than to go over to SIL's house and play Wii all night, maybe take another vacation to Texas and of course the birth of our daughter.

• Options

2010 has been another rough year, but not as bad as the prior two.  I am ready for a GOOD year - fabulous, joyous and fantastic would be a bonus!

We're having a few good friends over on NYE and will celebrate East Coast time so the little ones in attendance don't get too off schedule.  Kicking off New Year's Day with a 7:30 am bootcamp workout and then on a friend's boat for our annual NYD water skiing adventure (the friends go in the freezing water, not us!).  I'm looking forward to some positive changes for my family, the birth of friends' babies, to Triathlon training and racing season (YAY!) and to making peace with the hand I have been dealt.

Something fabulous about me?  I make super cute clothes for super cute kids (and I saw one of those kids wearing my creation today - made me smile out loud).

• Options
    Who is ready for a fabulous, joyous, and fantastic 2011?? Me! Any plans in the works to make 2011 great?  Have our chicken coop built, start having fresh eggs from our 8 beautiful hens.  Bonus: name something fabulous about you! I am a good cook : ) 
  • Options

Who is ready for a fabulous, joyous, and fantastic 2011??  ME!

Any plans in the works to make 2011 great?  I don't have many 2011 plans other than to try to live in the moment.  My 30th is in May so I'm thinking of planning a trip.

Bonus: name something fabulous about you!   Hmmm....I think I make a few pretty fabulous dishes...and I'm hoping to add to my list in 2011.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"