Natural Birth
Options

37 week excellent appointment & hypnobaby question (long)

The downside is that I have a pretty bad sinus cold that is moving into fluid in my lungs.  I had already cancelled my patients for today, knowing that I was in no condition to treat, but MW asked me to cancel tomorrow's schedule too b/c I also have swelling in my right leg and foot that started yesterday and didn't go away with having them up all night while sleeping.  With 3 weeks left to go, I have already decreased my patient schedule to only 2 days a week over the next 2 weeks, and it is completely booked - so I felt bad about having to cancel since I know it means I won't get to see these patients again until after I go back to work in May.

But .... the good news: baby is starting to descend (still feeling him kicking in my lungs, but not as bad as it has been); GBS was negative; BP is still quite low - so swelling is most likely him pressing on something in my right hip and not signs of pre-E; got to take home our birth tub so no we have everything ready for the homebirth when it comes; and I had a BH as she was feeling my abdoment to measure my uterus - I had previously thought I wasn't having them b/c the sensation was only in one area high up near my rib cage - so I thought it was him pressing his butt into my abdominal wall.  But she said no, that's a BH.  So now I know what they feel like.  And as my husband and I were at the herbal supplement store getting some anti-viral herbs afterwards, I felt several in a row across my entire abdomen - strong enough that I had to stop walking and stand still in the store.

Okay - so now for my question regarding hypnobabies.  I will admit I have not been practicing very much, even though I have read the entire home study book and listened to all the tracks at least once (several of them multiple times throughout the week as instructed) 'cause I was so busy and kept thinking "I'm so far away, I'll do it as things get closer".  So now they are closer, but I still am not as motivated - I'm a perpetual procrastinator.  For those who used hypnobabies successfully - did you do it religiously starting at 26 weeks as is recommended or less often?  What got you motivated to really put a lot of attention on practicing?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 37 week excellent appointment & hypnobaby question (long)

• Options

I don't have an answer to your question, just a me too.  Did they send you for an ultrasound of your leg.  I have had off and on minor swelling, but the other week, one of mine swelled larger than the other, I didn't call until almost two days after I saw the swelling.  By that time the swelling was pretty much gone, but they made me come in for an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't a clot.

As far as hypnobabies, for months I was so motivated for everything birth related.  I am a solo practitioner in my field of work and my work is getting so intense right now.  The thought of leaving my clients for two months freaks me out.  So, I haven't done almost any of my hypnobabies, or any birth prep at all these last couple weeks, no yoga, no swimming, no squatting etc. and work doesn't seem to be slowing, but steadily getting more busy.  I don't know how I am going to fit baby related stuff in before the birth, and I feel lousy about it.  But, there really isn't anything I can do. 

Well, good luck. Sorry for the vent, I just know how you feel.  I hope the swelling decreases.  and I would ask your midwife about an ultrasound just in case.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I started the course around 26/27 weeks. I was great about practicing until week 4 or 5 . Then I got off track. Once I had listened to everything once, and I had looked over the 5 'classes' in the book, I lost the motivation. I got it back when I started to consider how slacking could really affect its effectiveness and got closer to being at term. I didn't want to look back and wish I'd try harder if it could really make a difference with my labor! I love reading the stories of the ladies who were already far along by the time they got to the hospital at 6 or 7 cm- and really want to be able to give myself the best possible chance to do that, too.

After the classes it has the routine schedule you're supposed to keep up with from then until the birth. I bookmarked it, then wrote it down and put it by my bed- and made an effort to listen to the right one everyday. Then I also started recently listening to the Affirmations while doing other things-being on the computer, reading, getting ready for work. And I have found I sleep better if I listen to them before bed. If I wake up in the middle of the night, it seems to help me get back to sleep as well.

At this point, I at least listen to the right track listed for the day of the week, and the affirmations at night. Sometimes I listen to the affirmations once during the day as well.

The one thing I am bad about is remembering to practice the eyes open hypnosis, I admit. But I try to do it during listening. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks for the feedback ladies -- you both have good suggestions.  The swelling is decreasing today, but still present when I stand back up and move around.  I have another appointment on Wednesday, so I'll ask about the u/s then if it hasn't changed.

I have been taking this "bed rest" two days to listen to the cds as much as possible - I fall asleep really quickly into them b/c I'm still sick from this cold.  I just keep telling myself that they are working even if I am sleeping through it.  And my husband reads the birth partner "relax" one every night to me.  I need to practice the eyes open "peace" finger drop technique more - but I realized I could practice this while he is doing the perineal massage which to my surprise was more uncomfrotable than I expected it to be.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"