Bedrest Mama's Daily Check-In ~ Wednesday ~ — The Bump
High-Risk Pregnancy

Bedrest Mama's Daily Check-In ~ Wednesday ~

This thread is for any and all mamas on bed-rest, in any form. We are stuck home or in the hospital, in a bed or on our couches, and could use the support of each other to make it through this time in order to get to a healthy baby! We all know how hard bed-rest is and we wish everyone a healthy pregnancy!!!! Anyone is welcome to join, and anyone can start this daily thread. Just copy and paste this paragraph and info lines below if you get here and the thread has yet to start for that day! Feel free to give us updates about your condition below!

Name -

Due date -

Date placed on bed-rest -

Type of bed-rest -

Reason why -

Question of the Day: Realizing that none of these choices are right or wrong... will you (or your partner) be staying at home with your child(ren) or working full-time or currently on the fence? How did you arrive at your decision/ what influenced that choice?

If you have any updates, upcoming appointments, or anything else to say, let us know!
Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: Bedrest Mama's Daily Check-In ~ Wednesday ~

• Name - buggles

Due Date - 5/23

Date Placed on Bedrest - at 18 weeks (Dec. 20)

Type - Strict (at home: in order to prevent doing it in the hospital again)

Why ? Incompetent cervix (diagnosed after losing our son in 2008)

Question of the Day: Realizing that none of these choices are right or wrong... will you (or your partner) be staying at home with your child(ren) or working part-time or full-time or are you currently on the fence? How did you arrive at your decision/ what influenced that choice?

Right now, I stay at home with my two other children. I occasionally work part-time teaching in the evening at a local college. I did work full-time when my first was born but the decision to stay at home/ spend more time with her weighed heavily on me as I only got to spend time with her for about an hour or two each weekday as I worked over 50 hours a week (and sometimes weekends too)! 

Then after I lost my son at 22 weeks gestation, the decision became final. This was when my firstborn was just a few years old. I didn't want to miss the firsts and the bonding experience which I felt like I was an outsider to (my H was a stay-at-home parent and he and my first have a closeness that is unlike the one I have with my thirdborn.

I must say that it is hard in that we made a huge financial sacrifice BUT I am so much happier than I was before I left my full-time job. I feel like a 'mom' now and I didn't have much time to fully express myself in that role while being at work all the dang time.

Following this pregnancy, I will however pursue work part-time toward full-time work once my youngest hits kindergarten.

If you have any updates, upcoming appointments, or anything else to say, let us know!

I go to the perinatologists in the AM for my 20-week sono and a cervical length check. I am so nervous since it is around this time when my cervix starts to shrink. I'm hoping I'm not beginning to funnel as I can feel the stitch as the baby moves around (and this little one's head is really low). 

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • Re: FemmeFatalNat

I know that Nat was posting on the BR check-in's, so wanted to let you ladies know what's going on.  Right after Christmas, Nat was taken to the hospital.  She'd gone into PTL and has severe pre-e.  They've gotten the contrax under control and and trying to sustain her BP as best they can.  She's on strict BR in the hospital and is getting steriod shots for the baby's lungs.  At just under 27wks pg, her baby is measuring small...estimated to be only 1lb 2oz. 

This is Nat's second difficult pregnancy, but she's keeping her chin up.  She's trying to stay strong for her twins (whom she's missing terribly) and for her unborn baby. 

She could use all the T&P's in the world for this baby to keep cooking and for her BP to go down and stay down....last pregnancy, her BP almost killed her.  Please keep her in your thoughts...she misses everyone and is lonely!

• Loading the player...
  • Oh no! I don't know her personally but recently started following her bedrest posts until in this thread posted mid-last week, I saw this

imageFemmeFataleNat01:
    Oh, and I might not be able to post this from Friday-next Friday so if you don't see it by 12, feel free to post it.

and just thought she was traveling for the holidays. So I thought I'd post this for her until the end of this week. I had no idea!

I'll definitely be keeping her in my thoughts and will follow through this board regarding her updates. I know all too well how hard it is being on hospital bedrest, especially when you have young ones at home on top of how very scary it is to be high-risk.

• Praying for Femme!!!! I'm so sorry! I know how awful it is to miss your kiddo when you're in the hospital!

My heart breaks for her!

To answer the question, I wil be going back to work after I deliver. Probably take 2 months off.  Being on bedrest for almost 3 months has really set us back financially and I have got to work for at least a while to get us back!

My dh will be deployed sometime after the new baby comes so once he leaves I'll probably quit and stay home.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you for taking over since I've been gone and thank you for the prayers and support. I FINALLY have a computer again so I can bump from it but I'm on hospital bedrest, at the moment.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageFemmeFataleNat01:
    Thank you for taking over since I've been gone and thank you for the prayers and support. I FINALLY have a computer again so I can bump from it but I'm on hospital bedrest, at the moment.

Hey there! Great to 'hear' from you!

I hope that your hospital stay is short and that you get to be with your family soon. Please let me know if there is any information I can share or anything I can help out with.

I will continue to post these check-ins if I don't see your post by noon, otherwise I hope someone else can too!

Hope to 'hear' from you soon again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards