South Florida Babies
Options

Work issue - advice needed

Before leaving work for maternity leave, I told one of the bosses that I was going to take my full 12 wks of FMLA, which brought me to late Jan.  However that my MIL won't be retiring to take care of the kids until mid-March, and I didn't have anyone to watch the boys during the gap.  I told them I had planned on working from home during the gap and was open to coming in to office 1-2/wk, half days.  Boss said that it sounded like a plan.

Two wks ago, same boss emailed me asking me when I was going to return.  I explained to her what we had spoken about via email and told her to let me know what she thought.  I also mentioned that since I was prob going to be working part time, that I expected a TEMPORARY pay cut until I was in the office full time.

I haven't heard back from her.  I know she's working bc she's been emailing me about another topic and I've been responding.  What should I do?  Do I forward same email again asking her if the arrangement works?  Do I call her?  I have no clue.

Also, Christmas bonuses were distributed 2 wks ago to EVERYONE in the company, but I didn't get one.  I looked at the FMLA policy on bonus, and since it wasn't "earned" they don't technically have to give it to me, but damn, that's f-ed up IMO!  I've been working there for 2.5 yrs, no raise, and am a decent employee. 

-- Jackie
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Work issue - advice needed

• Options

I would call her. While I was on leave I got wierd vibes, too, but always felt better after I called to check in. Email does not always convey tone and its possible she needs some reassurance from you that you are in the frame of mind to come back and do your job.

The Christmas Bonus thing SUCKS, tho. That is pretty rotten. :( Out of sight, out of mind, eh?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I agree that you should call your boss or even meet with her if possible. Speaking to someone is never the same as via email or text. You will be able to capture the tone like Mel said, plus get a quicker response!

And I am so sorry about not getting the bonus that I am sure you deserved! After you get your response on the plan on going back to work, you should ask your boss what happened with the bonus. You have nothing to lose and after all, you worked your butt off all year!!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Definitely call her!

My principal kept asking me when I was returning, too.  Technically, I have until 1/10, but since I said I would return after the winter break I want to keep my word (and get a full paycheck on the 15th).  However, I may take Thursday and Friday off if it's still covered by FMLA.  If not, I'm definitely taking a sick day that Friday since it's our anniversary as well.

I read about your bonus on FB and that sucks!  I did get my FCAT bonus, but a friend at another charter operated by the same company did not and she is on mat leave as well.  She's going to call to find out what happened.  In our case, the FCAT bonus is always "earned" the year before but by the time the school receives and distributes the money it is the next school year.  So, she should get it.  Maybe, you can use a similar angle about your bonus.  You did work most of the year and so have earned that bonus. 

GL!  Let us know hwo the convo goes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"