High-Risk Pregnancy

lurker with a XP: non-clicky poll for implantation spotters/bleeders

Sorry this is so long, but I'm not getting any nibbles on this post from the 1st tri board, would you mind answering these Qs, even if its just a simple yes/no?

If with any of your children, you noticed probable implantation bleeding....

During your menstrual cycles, would you normally spot before your actual first day of period? Yes, and for the last period, I spotted  for 5 days before I started the actual first day of my period (bright red heavy flow with cramping).  I think I usually spot for 2-3 days before my period starts.

Did you spot during your first trimester?  If so, what color, how much, and for how long? Yes, this is the reason for all of my questions!  I started spotting dark brown (sometimes light) thick stuff (like thick cervical mucus but brown)

Did you spot after sex?  If so, what color, how much, and for how long?  Yes, bright red, but it went away after a few hours.  It was not very much at all.

Were you ever told that you have a short cervix or a sensitive cervix?  Which one?  No, but now I am starting to wonder if this is the culprit, I will ask on my first appointment.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BFP 12/05/10 (EDD 8/8/11), empty gestational sac 12/31/10, natural miscarriage 01/05/11
BFP 03/03/11, EDD 11/09/11, We love you so much already, our sweet little munchkin!!!
BabyFruit Ticker
*Congrats to buddies MrsAtch, cflocco, MommyandKate, luckylady55, opallover, trishiepoo, stephsteph77, and Pachita! Praying for healthy babies for all of you!*
*Congrats to my buddy, Izabella22 (BFP 5/11/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!
*Congrats to my buddy, myaddiwaddi06(BFP 10/31/11)!!!Sending you Ts and Ps for a healthy, take-home baby!

Re: lurker with a XP: non-clicky poll for implantation spotters/bleeders

•  During your menstrual cycles, would you normally spot before your actual first day of period? No spotting before. With both my pregnancies I had a feeling I was pregnant because I spotted brown before I was supposed to start.

Did you spot during your first trimester?  If so, what color, how much, and for how long? dark brown, pink, bright red. Constant. It just changed colors but always something. Needed a few liners a day

Did you spot after sex?  If so, what color, how much, and for how long?  yes, pink and red and small clots. For a few days.

Were you ever told that you have a short cervix or a sensitive cervix?  Which one?  They suggested this at 14 weeks.

At 27 weeks I had a big bleed and was diagnosed with a placental abruption. They finally attributed all the bleeding to this most likely. I have been on bedrest since that time and spent a week in the hospital also.

I bled constantly and was always at the doc before going on bedrest. There was never a cause. I googled like crazy but never found anything. It was very frustrating. I was almost relieved when they finally found a cause. Bedrest sucks but so did bleeding every single day and never knowing what was going on.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. Yes- I was spotting brown a few days before my period would start, sometimes just 1 day, sometimes more.

**I had 2 m/c, and they are believed to be caused by low progesterone. The spotting prior to period can be a sign of low progesterone.  I was put on progesterone as soon as finding out I was pregnant, and have 2 successful pregnancies now.

2. Yes- with both pregnancies I spotted. Both times was caused by subchorionic hematomas. First time spotted first trimester, this time I had spotting until 28 weeks. M spotting was usually pink-red, sometimes brown.

*The two times I m/c I had only brown spotting leading up to the m/c. It was the same kind I would have before a period.

3. No- never been told this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • During your menstrual cycles, would you normally spot before your actual first day of period?  No. When I started my period it'd come extremely heavy and then I'd spot for 3-4 days after it started.

Did you spot during your first trimester?  If so, what color, how much, and for how long? Yes, brown sometimes pink. Not enough to fill up a pad in an 8 hour time period, and for about 3-4 days.

Did you spot after sex?  If so, what color, how much, and for how long?  Yes, only in the first trimester though. Pink in color, barely enough to fill up tissue paper and only for one night.

Were you ever told that you have a short cervix or a sensitive cervix?  Which one?  Yes. I was told for all of my pregnancies that I had a short cervix and was told with my current pregnancy that my cervix is funneling.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Michael, Feb 28, 2004. m/c August 2004. Christian, born at 32 wks, June 13, 2005. Benjamin, December 10, 2006. m/c June 2010. BFP July 10. EDD - 5/3/11.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"