Pregnant after IF

if we deliver in the next 36 hours

the cost of the delivery is basically free b/c we already met our insurance deductibles and coinsurance max has been met for 2010 AND we get a $5036 tax credit for 2010, in addition to being able to adjust our tax liability for the year based on having two dependents.

And if we don't deliver in the next 36 hours, since my husband's health insurance deductibles went up for next year, the delivery will cost us around $3K OOP and we miss all of the tax benefits for 2010.

So...36 hours and we save about $15K for the year or...we spend $3K.

Maybe *NOW* my husband will hump me and help me go into labor :):) 

Re: if we deliver in the next 36 hours

• imagenikinikinine:

You just made Gatorade come out of my nose!!!!  Hilarious and I hope it works Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I say hump away chica! Good luck on Operation deliver in 2010!
    TTC with severe MFI since 9/08 IVF w/ ICSI #1 May/June 2010= BFP twins
    Callan George and Bennett Charles born and died 11/7/10
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    FET #1 April 2011= BFN
    FET #2 July 2011= no transfer because my lining sucked
    FET #3 February 2012= BFP! 1st beta 9dp5dt=314 2nd beta 11dp5dt=977 1st U/S 3/20 Twins- Heart rates of 111 and 138 Pregnancy Ticker
    Living After Losing
  • Loading the player...
  • I would be right there with you doing everything I could to induce labor.  I hope they come soon!  Also if they are born in NYE they could have awesome b-day parties when they got older. :)
    Dx with PCOS and IR June 2009
    After two losses, third time was a charm.
    pm me for blog link
  • imagenikinikinine:

LOL...I needed that this morning. Go hump 'em out...eat spicy foods and go on some long walks. ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageohiostategal:
    I would be right there with you doing everything I could to induce labor.  I hope they come soon!  Also if they are born in NYE they could have awesome b-day parties when they got older. :)

it doesn't have the same financial impact, but how cool would it be if one was born in 2010 and one was born in 2011. If you see a twin delivery on Good Morning America next week, it's me LOL.  Stick out tongue

• You make me laugh Niki :)

Come on babies!!!  Let's get this show on the road!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My birthday is New Year's Day, and I can tell you, it rocks!  Probably not what you want to hear (since it'll be in 2011), but it's always a holiday, which means no school or work!  And as a kid, I always thought all the parties and parades were for me...  HA!

Good Luck to you!!!  Big Smile

Mr. & Mrs. ~ 09.08.07

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I am right there with you and have all the same calculations figured out.  

Although if I do have this kid soon, I might be stuck in the hospital for New Year's Day and since the hospital doesn't get ESPN the thought of watching the Rose Bowl on our laptop is almost enough for me to forego the tremendous financial savings.   

• I would totally be pushing for a 2010 delivery!!  I tried to convince DH that we need to divorce and just live together because it would save us $10,000/year in taxes if we filed separately and single.  Darn marriage penalty!  DH couldn't be convinced!
  • Wow! What a difference! Come on 2010 babies!
    DS born 7.30.11
  • he better get those kids out of  you!  that is quite a savings!

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI

• You crack me up! 

Hump away :)

DH is hoping for a 1/11/11 birth for our little guy.  We will be doing "whatever it takes" come the 9th and 10th :)

• LOL at the humping comment!!!

I'll have to let DH know that humping may induce labor.

I was thinking the same things as you were re: already meeting my yearly deductible, the tax break, etc...

But I changed my insurance plan for next year so if I deliver in 2011, we would only pay $500 OOP for this delivery (rather than the ~$3K if I had stayed on my current plan) which isn't bad at all.

I would prefer a 2010 baby though... this uterus is tired. 

After 5 years of TTC, 3 IUIs, 5 IVFs, 2 FETs, multiple losses and an adoption that wasn
  • Get on it girl!  LMAO...you crack me up!
  • Come on, little R's! And please, J... help your wife out here!
  • Oh Niki - how I've missed you and your sense of humor. :)

I hope your husband will hump you and get you going!!! If not, I'd be finding some toys! Stick out tongue

? We can only appreciate the miracle of a sunrise if we have waited in the darkness... ?

12/99 - Miscarriage at 12w - 6/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w, 9/08 - BFP - Miscarriage at 8w2d, 12/08 - Found out I am a carrier of a Balanced Translocation between Chromosomes 8 & 16, 8/2010 - DE IVF = FAIL. 12/18/10 - Surprise BFP! Awaiting our Sticky Miracle! 12/20 - Beta #1-1208 * 12/27 Beta #2 - 6002 1/3/11 Beta #3 - 17,146. Beautiful little heart beating away! Stick little one, stick!

♥ Brielle Skye born August 17th, 2011 ♥ Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I was just thinking about you this morning, wondering if you've had any repreive from the puking and pooping.
    Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • OMG, LMAO at the humping.  Bwahahaha!

Your babies didn't give you any breaks getting into your ute, do you really think they're going to help you out financially on the way out?  That would just be expecting too much! 

Delivery may cost us $7500 next year.  I'm milking my insurance for all it's worth through tomorrow (including insisting they send a FFN today, despite my COS, but the MFM wouldn't play.)

• OMG I hope your in labor right now! Never even would have thought of this!
    1-20-09 BFP third month of Follistim IUI 02-19-09 MC 06-24-09 MC July IUI Follistim Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone=BFN Aug. IUI Follistim Ganirelix ovidrel Crinone=BFP= scared sh**less 10-12-09 MC = 1 ectopic 1 perfect Dec. IUI Gonal-F Ganirelix Ovidrel Crinone Lovenox 01-02-10 BFP=scared sh**less again 01-06-10 CP SAIF ALWAYS WELCOME : ) March 2010 - IVF in progress converted to IUI 03-30-10 BFN April 2010 - IVF - BFFN June 2010 - IVF - BFFN July IUI BFP! March 26 2011 Gracie is here! imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagenikinikinine:

Hahahaha!

He can't argue with the numbers :) 

Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"