Houston Babies

Car Seat ?- The First Years True Fit Premier

If I remember correctly someone has this carseat (Suzi or Carebear??).  There are no local vendors and I am getting ready to order it from Amazon, which I can return for free.  I love the fact it is the highest rated by NHTSA and price point is better than most Britax.

Here are my concerns/ questions:

Did you put this in the middle or behind the passenger seat?

If behind the passenger is there still leg room.

Any pro's or con's that you have?

Do you have another convertible car seat?

We for sure will be putting this in my FX 35 and my biggest concern is the fit.  If we like it and the fit is okay for DH's Silverado we may order another or go with something else; just not sure what.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Car Seat ?- The First Years True Fit Premier

• Me!  Ours is behind the passenger seat, (in a Nissan Rogue) DH is tall and has to put the driver's seat all the way back to drive and that's not possible with a carseat in the middle.  We couldn't put the infant seat in the middle for the same reason though.  The passenger seat is farther forward than I would like but it's not uncomfortable.  As I recall, you're about my size, you will probably be ok in the front passenger seat, your DH might be uncomfortable. 

We switched Cooper to the convertible seat early so we had it reclined for awhile, when it reclines it's sort of hard to get your hand in to loosen the seat belt but other than that no complaints. 

We also have a cheap-o convertible (I don't remember what brand it is) that's really only used by my ILs and occasionally DH in the truck so I can't really compare to much.  My dad keeps a Britax in his car and I find it seems much harder to get DS in and out of, but maybe that's just because I'm not used to it... ?

My big boy is bounding towards 4! Baby brother coming in October!
    Hipster dog is not impressed.
  • We have the True Fit (not premier) and the newest model Britax Marathon.  I keep the Marathon in my car b/c I like it a little better and DH has the True Fit.  We got the True Fit b/c we were looking for something to fit in DH's Tundra behind the passanger seat.  With the headrest off (DS is still under 22 lbs), the passenger still has to sit nearly in the dashboard.  With the Marathon, the passenger can sit in a normal position.  The older model Marathon took up more space than the newer model when we tried it at BRU. 

I find both car seats to be about equally as difficult to get baby in and out of.  The True Fit is more difficult to get to the lever to loosen the straps, but I heard that the Premier is a bit easier than the model we have.  DS seems a bit more comfortable in the Marathon.  I think he just fits in it a bit better or likes the seat angle better.  They are equally as plush and padded.  We've only been using these seats for about 2 months, so things may changes as DS gets older. 

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks Ladies!  I think we will go with it because it sounds no different than the same problems with an infant carrier.  This will also give us a chance to see what will work with DH's truck.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"