Blended Families

Mediation question.

My ex and I have a mediation appointment tomorrow to figure out a good schedule for our three year old. How does a mediation work exactly?

Lactavist.Intactivist.Co-Sleeping/Crib using.CDing/ECing.Babywearing.Attachment Parent.BLW. 'Crunchy' Mommy! Both boys' are on the spectrum. Life is busy, but great! Currently carrying my second surro babe. :]

Re: Mediation question.

• XH and I had to attend mediation. 

Basically, both of us and our lawyers met in a room at the courthouse with a mediator who had been assigned to our case. The attorneys explained the issues to the mediator, and we were each asked a couple questions on each matter.

Then the mediator would make some suggestions, and one party would leave the room so that each attorney/client could discuss things privately.

Then we would all talk again and try to meet in the middle on various issues.

My mediation was a total waste of time. XH was late (and didn't even apologize, which pissed off the mediator), and his attorney spent the whole time being a jackass.  

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • You're best preperation is to make a list of Everything you want in a perfect world, another list of things that could never ever ever happen over your dead body and the third list of things you can live with or are negociable.

This way you have clearly in front of you what you want and what you can work with and you look like the organized and willing to work to coparent.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"