Single Parents

Dream Job

Keychain's and Peeps' conversation about being a Police Officer has me wondering--what's everyone's dream job? Do you have the job that you thought you would, like what you wanted to be when you grew up? If money wasn't an issue, and finding care for your LO, etc, what job would you want more than anything?

I would LOVE to work for Apple, or Disney, or Crayola. I'm such a nerd for Crayola. 

Re: Dream Job

• I like the job I have now, but if I were to have a dream job it would be something where I could travel all over the world and bring A with me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagexcjen06:
    I like the job I have now, but if I were to have a dream job it would be something where I could travel all over the world and bring A with me.

One day I actually looked up jobs that let you travel the world. The military let me do A LOT of travel but half the places I went I DID NOT want to go. Anyways the options were writer, travel director, traveling salesman, flight attendant, and Peace Corp (missionary work) volunteer. All of which I don't want to do, but I do love traveling! I'm up to 16 (give or take) countries I have been too, and I want to hit 20 by time I die. So Jen if you do find a job that lets you travel with Andrew let me know!!! We might be riding your coat tails!

• Loading the player...
  • My dream job would have been inheriting a lot of money, or owning something like, oh, Disney. Otherwise, I really like teaching. It suits me.

imageimage

TheseFourButton-1.png

• I have a teaching degree but have recently realized that I just don't think that teaching is for me...

I was a make up artist when I lived in Las Vegas a few years ago and if I could do that here in small town USA I would, but sadly there is no market for it! It was/is my dream job tho! So if money and my LO were no object that is what I would be doing! :)

• I think my dream job would be to run a B&B, or to get my CFP certification and become a financial planner.

Mostly, I think I'd be happy if I could stay at home with the girls.  My job come pretty close in that I can work from home if I absolutely need to, and have one work-at-home day per week.  So I don't have much to complain about now in the work department!

• Corporate event planner

I'm working towards it.  I have my certification and I put on some awesome parties.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would want to be a writer or do something with nutrition counseling (as per my degree).  And as I type that I'm sitting here noming on a maple donut. 
  • imagedimake:

I think my dream job would be to run a B&B, or to get my CFP certification and become a financial planner.

Mostly, I think I'd be happy if I could stay at home with the girls.  My job come pretty close in that I can work from home if I absolutely need to, and have one work-at-home day per week.  So I don't have much to complain about now in the work department!

How crazy!  I have taken the CFP twice (and failed it...twice).  I have my prelim education requirements, I just can't pass the final test-it's SO difficult.

I work in financial planning.

• I love what I do (dentist) although technically I'm still in school so I don't think it counts yet :)

I guess I would pick some kind of travel writer who writes guidebooks and reviews restaurants and that sort of thing.  That would be fun.

• Or

Highly Esteemed Food Critic!

Yes and perhaps be a judge or guest judge on Top Chef.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I teach in a prison now, so definitely NOT my dream job!  I liked it before I had DS, but now I hate going to work every day.  I would love to get my Master's and get out of that setting because although the job is laid back, and I like a lot of the people I work with, I HATE being around inmates and all of their bs. 

My plan is to get my Master's and teach English at a Junior College, but I don't know if that's my dream job anymore. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"