Virginia Babies
Options

Ft. Story

Hi Moms,

We are being relocated to Ft. Story this summer and I was looking for any advice/recommendations for neighborhoods, pediatricians, preschools, etc.

I have a 3.5 yr old and 6 month old daughter. My husband is a Marine so this is pretty far outside our familiar Marine Corps bases.

Thanks in Advance! 

Re: Ft. Story

• Options

This is my first time visiting this board and I saw the no one has responded to your post. I hope you are still checking this... Anyway, I have lived in VB since I was 10, so I am pretty familiar with the area. I am expecting my first in April, so I won't be much help as far as pre-schools and pediatricians (looking for one myself) are concerned, but I can help with the neighborhoods.... I have lived in Ocean Lakes the vast majority of the time I have been here. It is a typical middle class neighborhood. Most of the neighborhoods surrounding it are nice as well. Stay away from Greenrun, Carriage Hill and those surrounding areas. Most neighborhoods around First Colonial and Shore Drive are great - can get really expensive though. When DH and I were looking, we were particular about the high school district. You do not want to be in Green Run or Bayside districts. Cox, Ocean Lakes, First Colonial and Kempsville are good schools. Landstown is a newer school, so I am not too sure about it yet. Tallwood is kind of far from where you will be. Princess Anne, is really hit or miss. If there is anything else I can help you with, I will be happy to answer any questions you have about the area. I hope you will be happy here - there is no other place I call home!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"