Special Needs

got the results back from S's heart monitor....

she had a breakthrough SVT while the monitor was on....so she needs to go back on the med that was dropped. I'm disappointed. she was so excited to be down to just one med twice/day now we're back to 2 meds twice/day.  at least we didn't wind up back in the ICU. guess that's the silver lining! 
Sisterly love--Sophia (1/14/07) and Baby Margaux (7/13/10) image Doctor in training! :)image

Re: got the results back from S's heart monitor....

• Oh that sucks what is her Cardiac Diagnoses Olivia suffers from WPW which for her is part of the Ebsteins Anamoly, without inderol she is a hot SVT mess.
  • juju--she has SVT.  her rate tripped to 194 once off the 1 med and with the monitor on. :(   

they ruled out WPW for her. hope your little one is doing well. does she take meds?  S is back now back on the digoxin and she takes nadolol too. It's not easy, is it? 

Sisterly love--Sophia (1/14/07) and Baby Margaux (7/13/10) image Doctor in training! :)image
  • Loading the player...
  • Auntie--she was so good! initial MAJOR meltdown in the office but I made up a tale where I told her that I got to talk to santa and he agreed to make a special exception and that if she wore her monitor with no problems she could pick one gift to receive early! she picked a jewelry box. she kept her eye on the prize and got her beloved jewelry box early! :) 

she has to wear the holter again in 2 weeks once the digoxin is fully loaded again--I told her santa will bring her another gift! I also told her again-this is a very special treat b.c santa doesn't do these sort of things. ;)  she wants a jump rope! 

thanks for asking. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"