September 2011 Moms
Options

Anyone else still feel like POAS?

I feel stupid asking it!

There is a Walgreens beside work & I went in today to get a test, like just for the hell of it! I don't know why, I already know I am pg! Anyway, I talked myself out of it & left empty handed! 

I remember feeling like this in my 1st pg too (& acting on it once or twice Embarrassed) but once the real pg symptoms kicked in the urge stopped!

OK, slinking away now...........

Re: Anyone else still feel like POAS?

• Options
    I am totally the same! After going through fertility treatments and seeing a lot of negative ovulation tests and a few negative pregnancy tests, it's a huge relief to finally see a positive! I POAS 4 times after getting my BFP, just to see the word "Pregnant" come up on the digital :)
    DW & I (yes, we're lesbians!) are using anonymous donor sperm and IUI TTC#1! Diagnosed with pituitary adenoma at age 16 2009: Extensive testing to find reason for irregular periods & rule out uterine cancer 10/2010: Dx possible PCOS / No Ovulation / Retroverted Uterus IUI #1 on 11/10/10 (50mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger + Anonymous Donor Sperm) = BFN IUI #2 on 12/15/10 (50mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger + Anonymous Donor Sperm) = BFP!!! Beta #1 = 75 (12dpiui) Beta #2 = 158 (14dpiui) Beta #3 = 333 (15dpiui) Beta #4 = 2,517 (19dpiui) First OB appointment and u/s 1/25/10 EDD: 9/7/11 BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    I felt the same way.  Someone on this board the other day said something that kind of snapped me out of wanting to POAS though.  Even if you m/c, HCG is still detectable in you urine for quite anyway.  I decided to just try to enjoy each day being pg and have positive thoughts about it.  If I start bleeding then I will ask my Dr to draw betas.  Otherwise I will see her for my u/s 1-20-11.  I hope the time flies!!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I've lost count of the sticks I've pee'd on.   Embarrassed

But, I haven't purchased any additional ones, I've just been using the ones I already had, mostly internet cheapies.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have POAS every day since Christmas (when we got our BFP).  I just want to make sure the line keeps getting darker while I wait for my betas.  Today the test line was actually darker than the control line, so I don't know if it will do any good to keep doing it though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imagejkl12399:
    I felt the same way.  Someone on this board the other day said something that kind of snapped me out of wanting to POAS though.  Even if you m/c, HCG is still detectable in you urine for quite anyway.  I decided to just try to enjoy each day being pg and have positive thoughts about it.  If I start bleeding then I will ask my Dr to draw betas.  Otherwise I will see her for my u/s 1-20-11.  I hope the time flies!!!

Exactly!  This is what I was telling myself as I decided not to buy today!  I am hoping the time flies too!

• Options
    imageTreasa:

imagejkl12399:

Exactly!  This is what I was telling myself as I decided not to buy today!  I am hoping the time flies too!

Yep, you both are right...I haven't bought new ones either, just using up a bunch I already have.

But if you are m/c, your test line should get lighter b/c your hcg will be decreasing...that's why I am still POAS.  But I am a little neurotic :) 

• Options
    I peed on every stick I had in the house.  It just feels nice to see the line getting darker each day :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageBeckyM114:

I've lost count of the sticks I've pee'd on.   Embarrassed

But, I haven't purchased any additional ones, I've just been using the ones I already had, mostly internet cheapies.

• Options
    I had this feeling today and it backfired on me when I POAS this afternoon...I got a BFP this morning and a BFN this afternoon
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yes I have definitely wanted to POAS. I havent bought any additional tests but if I had some here I probably would use them. Eventhough I already know that I am pg.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers ANGELS ARE GIVEN WINGS AND TAKEN BACK TOO SOON --- We love and miss you soo much Kacie Rae --- 9/11/10 --- born sleeping at 29wks2d
  • Options
    I definitely want to POAS but am refusing to let myself.  I just don't want to have anything add to my list of worries... just in case the pregnancy line is a little lighter than I would have hoped.
    BFP 6-29-10; EDD 3-10-10; Missed MC @ 10wks on 8-12-10; D&C 8-13-10
    BFP 11-24-10; EDD 8-5-10; CP @ 4wks on 11-27-10
    BFP 12-22-10; EDD 9-2-11 Baby girl born Aug. 15, 2011 via emergency c-section
    BFP 9-5-12; EDD 5-20-13; Missed MC @ 8 wks on 10-9-12; D&C 10-10-12
    BFP 1-7-13; EDD 9-20-13; PRAYING WE GET TO BRING THIS BABY HOME! BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"