Preemies
Options

My Hands need Help !

DD has been in the NICU for 2 weeks now and in the midst of the winter months my poor hands can't take much more. 

I had really dry Skin during pregnancy to begin with, then mixed with 10 degree weather and snow, and scrubing  down 3 or 4 times a day at NICU and obsesivly washing at home my hands are dry and chapped and begging to hurt.  

I've tried Lubraderm, Bath and body works lotion,  as 20 other types. Did you find anything that helps ? I hate having rough hands when we do actually touch little one.

Re: My Hands need Help !

• Options

There was just a post on F&B about this :)

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/47056816.aspx 

Emma - March '08 Quinn - August '11
    Need help with high fat food ideas? Chunky Monkey
  • Options

imagerah1218:
    I'm having the same problem, and I deal with dry hands normally.  What type of Lubriderm did you try?  I use the formula for extra dry skin, and that helps but doesn't completely solve the problem.  It will definitely help heal all the little cracks and splits but my hands are still a little rough.  If my hands aren't super dry, I use Johnson's baby lotion to help soften them up (and make them smell good too lol).  HTH.

That's the Lubraderm I have, and I love the 24 hour moisture from Johnson's it smells so good and it's typically more than enough for my skin care needs. It smells so good =D  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageijack:

There was just a post on F&B about this :)

https://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/47056816.aspx 

Thank you so much for this thread! Now I just have to decide which I'm going to try. I know once little one comes home we are going to invest in the Gold Bond anti bacterial lotion b/c I can't stand purell.  

• Options
    Try aqua phor- its greasy but does the trick- I use that in conjuction w/mary kays satin hands- it has a deep moisturizer-then exfoliator-then lotion- I even use it on my feet. its great
  • Options
    I got cracked and bleeding hands one winter. Buy some soft gloves and put lotion on them and wear them to sleep. That helped out tremendously. I'm not sure where my dad got the gloves but maybe Wal Mart would have them with their speciality loofah sponges and stuff??
    Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    My hands have been in cycles of being ultra-dry and rough to cracked and bleeding ever since my LOs arrived over a year and a half ago........so far the best thing I've found has been Burt's Bees Hand Salve.  I wish I'd found it sooner -- I actually got a recommendation to try it just a few weeks ago!  It is greasy, so I only use it at night or when I have a span of time where I won't be washing up again for awhile.  I have their cotton gloves that I put on once I "grease up".  Its' smell is a bit strong, but I find it rather nice -- mainly rosemary and lavender.
    After 20 months TTC with PCOS, we were blessed with twins!
    They arrived at 36 weeks after PTL and bedrest for 14 weeks. Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"