Natural Birth

Non-Bradley Prep Books

I am looking for books that will prepare me for natural childbirth. I want to expend my options and "tools" that will help me get through labor so I want to look beyond Bradley. Do you ladies have any books that you suggest other than Bradley books? There are so many out there I have no idea where to start and what is good, so I am looking for personal recommendations.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Non-Bradley Prep Books

• Ina May's Guide to Childbirth

Penny Simkin's The Birth Partner

Birthing from Within

Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • imagelindsayll:

Ina May's Guide to Childbirth

Penny Simkin's The Birth Partner

Birthing from Within

I love Ina May's Guide to Childbirth! 

I've read parts of Birthing from Within- I totally get where they're coming from, I like what's she's got to say... but it's a little crunchy/hippy- at some points I just had to laugh.

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Ditto The Birth Partner-I LOVE that book, it has so much information and it is great if you are planning on going med free.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I really loved The Big Book of Birth.  It's not exclusively about natural birth as it goes through all possible options, but the author definitely is in favor of the least amount of interventions. 
  • imagestarsmaycollide:
    Ditto The Birth Partner-I LOVE that book, it has so much information and it is great if you are planning on going med free.

Another vote for The Birth Partner.  I liked Ina May's Guide too but The Birth Partner has so much information about what exactly is happening in your body at each point in time, which I found very helpful.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When I asked this question a few months ago, The Thinking Woman's Guide to a Better Birth was recommended by many. I've only just started it, but I like the way it's laid-out so far, going through each type of intervention seperately.
    imageimage
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

DD born 4/25/11
    m/c 8/10/13 at 5.5 weeks
    missed m/c 4/15/14 at 11.5 weeks, D&C 4/17/14
    BFP 6/22/14, Scheduled c/s 2/23/15, It's a Girl!!  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"