January 2011 Moms

starting to efface with 30 days left but not dilated yet...

does this mean i may have her a little early? anyone know? i hope so...otherwise she's going to be a big girl :)
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: starting to efface with 30 days left but not dilated yet...

• I've been 70% effaced since 33 weeks.  I took it easy until 37 weeks because I didn't want to risk having her early, but am still quite pregnant and now am trying to walk and be as physical as possible to encourage things along.
    I give up trying to get a ticker.  I have a DD that is 2.5 years old and is awesome.  Maybe I'll add a quote to distinguish myself.  Hmmm.  How about...

"It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn't use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like "What about lunch?" - A.A. Milne, Winnie-the-Pooh
  • Possibly. I was about 30% effaced and soft with no dilation at 32 weeks, 50% effaced (1cm) at 35 weeks, 75% effaced (still 1 cm) at 36 weeks, and my water broke the next day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry, but unfortunatly it doesn't.  With all three of mine I started to efface around 36 weeks and with my girls spent two weeks dilated to 3 before having them both two days before their due dates.  This guy seems to be following a similar course, at 37 weeks I was 1 and 50, we'll find out today if I've progressed anymore.  In my case the long stage of early labor has led to a shorter active labor though, so there is a silver lining.
  • Nope, it really means nothing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It doesn't really mean anything. That is the kicker about internals--they tell you where you are at but that info has nothing to do with how or when things will progress.
  • I'm dialated to a 1 & 50% effaced & my doc said I could go into labor @ any time.  But he is face up sooo he thinks thats whats slowing everything down.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"