Preemies
Options

Remembering My daughter Olivia

hi ladies,Soon I will be approaching the day that Olivia passed away. I still cannot believe it will be two years since we lost our beloved daughter. Last year, my husband and I had a balloon release and spent the day together in NYC. I was thinking of planting a Cherry Blossom tree or making a butterfly garden for her in the Spring. Does anyone have ideas of how I could honor this day?

Re: Remembering My daughter Olivia

• Options
    First, I'm very sorry for the loss of your daughter. This doesn't have anything to do with honoring a child, but it may work for you. My brother in law (Cayden's daddy) was KIA in February and we're going to honor his passing by planting a shade tree in the memorial garden of our church. My husband decided that we would create a memorial garden in our back yard for Cayden so he can still be connected to his dad. On Cayden's birthday we're going to give him the marker that was donated to us so Cayden didn't have to go to the cemetery until he was ready to. That was actually the idea that sparked the creation of a memorial garden. At our local park they have benches that you can buy and the guy who makes them will carve your dedication into the wood. A family who lost their children in a fire dedicated 3 benches to them.
  • Options

I love the Cherry Blossom idea because of the means - the transitalism of life and Feminine strength and beauty.

I plan to plant a Cherry Blossom tree for Katie Beth's Twin, that we lost.

If i didn't hate the idea of tattoos i would probably get one with 2 pink cherry blossoms for my 2 living children  and one white for our angel daughter.

I suppose i have used the cherry blossom as a symbol these days, Katie Beth's room is decorated in them now.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm so sorry for your loss. Aidan's first birthday is coming up and we plan on doing a balloon release, donating to the March of Dimes and then having a mini-party with just our parents. We'll go out to dinner and I'll make cupcakes. They won't say happy birthday on them, but we'll know what they are for.

My shower is a few days before his birthday and we're doing an early balloon release that day to celebrate.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    T&P to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"